Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Caravan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Like this car
By evelynp

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is our 6th Caravan. We ordered it because of the stow away seat feature.
Other requirements included leather seats.
It has performed well for
us with very little upkeep.
My children borrow it
all the time for hauling purposes and we have no
complaints.

Stow Away Seats, Electric side and trunk doors storage options, Sirius radio with control knobs on steering wheel, leather seats-easy upkeep with kids and dogs, lots and lots of room more than in any other minivan we looked at. Good car

Perhaps more comfortable seat for passenger for long hauls as we drive 8-9 hours to our lake home in the summer

2005 minivan
By David

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. every week a new problem power doors work on twice still sometimes do not open or close. alternator replaced water pump replaced. very bad gas mileage. difficult to get in or out for me i am 6ft 1in. [non-permissible content removed] but i guess all are now. I have 1994 minivan that is still a great vehicle me and my ife prefer to drive it. 23,000 miles so and not near the repairs i have had with the 2005. i will never buy another American car co. cars again.selling the 2005 good riddance. going with Japanese vehicles for now on.

none

redesign complete more reliability

Good and cheap van
By MILAN

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new, since than I do not have any big major problem, I just replaced tires and brake discs, also I have 99 Plymouth breeze with 156.000 miles on them and still running strong, I highly recommend Chrysler cars and vans, they need just take care of them, change oil and etc.

What's up with the wheel bearings?
By CaravanOwner315

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this van from when it had 46,000 to 73,000 miles. I am now replacing my third wheel bearing. Now have replaced both front and 1 back. I have not found any sort of recall on this. I still have a 1996 Caravan and have never dealt with wheel bearings.

Chrysler should replace the wheel bearings for free or at least offer partial reimbursement for those who have had this issue.

Very unhappy
By ivynmiami

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a bad accident and had to replace my Toyota corolla at 3 months pregnant though a minivan was going to be the best thing. I have 2 car payments a month one for the lender the other for the mechanic. I have had to change the motor seals timing belt motor mounts and now the cv joints. The car is comfortable and I love my minivan just hate that it has given me repair headaches. Maybe they are good cars but my turned out to be a big lemon.