Used 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Way Cooler Than a Minivan!
By Sandi

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Caliber for a year now and my husband and I have been very pleased with it. After driving a Chevy Venture for 10 years, I was really excited to have something sportier and I have not been disappointed. This car is fun to drive and and it looks great. I still get a lot of compliments on it. The controls are easy to use, it handles well and has been completely reliable.

Sirius radio, cool exterior, good gas mileage, lots of cargo room, light up cup holders!, three seat belts in back, dependable, handled well in the snow

I wish the door locks lit up-very hard to find in the dark. Need a place to put my purse without covering up emergency brake when I have a front seat passenger.

I love my Caliber
By Sheila

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Caliber this week So far it has been a blast to drive. I was so surprised how much pep it's got for a small engine. It's also very smooth, you don't even feel the gear shift, I love that. I also love the way it feels like an SUV but looks like a sporty car. So far I love everything about it.

smooth transmission, exterior sporty design , illuminated cup holders, 3 compartment glove box

I wish the rear window went down, that would be nice.

Really nice car
By Ian

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for several months and, overall, it is really a nice car. It is the SE base model with the 1.8 liter engine. I bought the manual shift as I am using it to tow behind my RV. I added cruise control, power windows and power door locks. I would not recommend anyone to install the above after market stuff as it has been kind of a hassle, but it all works well. I have no idea why any auto company would sell a car without cruise, power windows, door locks and mirrors, it just does not make sense. The car is slightly slow if you want to race another driver, but overall is powered with the manual just fine. There is a blind spot at the rear sides, use rear view mirrors.

Nice comfortable driving position, nice to shift and a pleasant car that feels safe to drive. Good room in the rear.

For automakers, don't sell cars that don't have cruise, power door locks, mirrors and power rear view mirrors.

Great car for the money
By RW

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a couple when test riding, along with some other vehicles in the price range. Read some reviews about low power so I was a little concerned but not much. Car is fine. Drives great. If you like the look and the price go ahead and get it. Bought this car for the wife, in town driving with a 20 minute commute to work. Surprised she liked it. It was her call. Turned in a 2000 Honda Accord that we drove to its death.

Sits high almost like an SUV. Lighted cup holders are cool. Looks muscular aggressive for a wagon/hatchback, like most Dodge's. Roomy back seat.

No issues so far, still new to us.

Worst car ever made
By Jessica

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We haven't had it long but I really wish I would not have bought it. So far it stinks in gas mileage. Gets a total of 20-25 mpg. At first I thought the gas handle was broke and the company promised to fix it in 3 months. We call back and they say 3 more months. It cant move in snow, I got stuck in my drive way but me buick got out just fine. Its broken down with only 6252 miles on it. If you asked me "should I buy this car?" I would say NEVER EVER EVER buy this car.

My favorite feature is the built in cooler, but its not worth the trouble OR the price.

Nothing in the WORLD could make me buy this car. Im trading it in tomorrow for a better car.