Used 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Great car!
By Jaime

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for just over a year and it has AMAZING gas mileage! Even in the city i was getting anywhere from 25-28 MPG. Even got 30 MPG in the mountains! Going from a vehicle with 18 MPG freeway to this is SO nice. The back is roomy and fits a ton! Its a quiet ride and smooth and has some giddy up and go to it for a small engine.

Sirius Radio, Option for Hands Free connection, Spacious back compartment, Plastic on back of front seats good for when you have kids they wont mess up the fabric like other vehicles!

Wish there was a turbo available for purchase down the road would be nice since there is space but other than that NONE.

Unsure
By LaVerne

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Within the 1st month the tire pressure sensor had gone up. Within a few months later the tire stem on the other side of my car had snapped and once again had to get another tire pressure sensor.I went to the dealer about this and was told the tire stems break often and the company was unsure why. The car looks great on the outside but when dealing with the interior it is weak.Because it looks like a truck I was assuming it had power but it doesn't have much. My brakes squeaked at 40,000 miles and I had the brakes checked and was told this was normal. Air filter needs to be change a lot. One word this car is affordable but may need early repairs.

Lit cup holders, good on gas,hatch cover,

Improve tire stems since it is attached to a sensor which is costly. Ability to remove the hatch cover bar so you can have more hatch space when needed. Lit door locks or some kind of lighting on the door.

Caliber is a great small car!
By jken02

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have almost 30,000 miles on my Caliber and it has been an excellent car. I've seen some of the other Caliber reviews, where the owners had immediate problems, all I can say is that my car has been outstanding with zero issues. I've owned seven different Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products over the past 20 years, and they have been fantastic cars. Nice cars, great prices, and the reliability has been outstanding.

The fuel efficiency is my favorite feature. I've been getting very good mileage, averaging 31 mpg, and that is with both city and highway driving. My car has the 5-speed, so that obviously gives me an mpg advantage.

I rated the interior/comfort as both 8. The reason: I felt the interior could have been nicer/upgraded. They seem to have done that for 2010/2011, since the newer Calibers have a much more stylish and refined interior.

Poor Ride
By Gill

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have bought something else. The gas mileage is terrible for this size car. I get about 24-28 mpg when the information I had said 33 mpg. I have only 36,500 miles on it and it has a terrible suspension noise and will need to go in shop next week. I have already told several people who asked me if I liked this car "DO NOT BUY THIS CAR”. The seating is comfortable for me but the interior is very awkward in its layout, everything is very tight. The car is OK for its exterior styling but the sheet metal is very thin. If you close the door with the window open it feels like the door is going to ripe off the hinges The CVT transmission makes odd sounds in slow traffic.

Driver seat is comfortable

Better quality control.

1st new car
By javaman

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Cash for Clunkers was a huge help. I got rid of my 90 Ford Aerostar, just in time. The first week I had it I loaded it up and drove my oldest to college, after a year of ownership I have dealt with a couple huge snow storms, at one point I had driven into snow so deep that from the windshield forward was under snow, I dug out the front wheels and backed right out. The daily driving is fun I travel back roads to work that have hills and turns and this little 5-speed with a 1.8l engine sticks to the road and is quite fun. I love the features, and it is a great car.

The radio, and Satellite radio are cool. The millage is great, it's quick responsive and agile. The wheels are nice too, and the silver paint.

Black carbon-fiber hood with cowl induction would be cool.