Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews - 436 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

A very good car.
By Joe

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a PT Crusier that was a very good car. But I need a up grade and saw this car. Drove it and said this is the one for me. Everyone tells me that I pick the car that is for me and they love this one. It's a very nice care. I can't wait. Road trip.

Everything check for the boom box in the rear. Great for what you would like to do

I do not see nothing wrong with it until I take the road trip.

Lots of car up front!
By Anne Walsh

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is great on dry roads, but I am extremely unhappy with the tires. I had to replace all after 17000 miles, and do not think they are good winter snow tires like I am used to from my previously owned Subaru. Maybe this problem will be corrected with a demand for a better all-season tire. I hit a deer with the center front. We had over 2000 in damages, but my 87 year old aunt in the passenger seat wasn't even jarred! Really dislike the hatch system and how you have to readjust the dash lights every time you start the car.

Size, mileage, comfort in back seats, performance for three seasons, and leather

Tires-need more choices for winter use

A little scared
By Alexandria Harris

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a little scared about the traction during bad weather. I had stopped at a red light, and it was raining, when I started go forward after the light had change the wheels on the car started to spin. Now that I have this car I feel that the safety rate on this car, should be re-rated again. It's scary to be behind another car at a car length behind and all of a sudden the car in front of you make a sudden stop. I think that this car should be a re- call.

Air-conditioner and heat

Anti-lock breaks and a over drive for bad weather.

Average, Had some problems
By sgtbrobertsipd

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a Caliber for my wife in April. Looks decent on the outside, interior leaves a little to be desired. Several times the check engine light came on, ended up being some air/fuel sensor that blew almost on a weekly basis. When it did, the gas mileage went from 30MPG to literally about 8MPG. That was a pain the butt with gas prices. Dodge took care of it, no questions asked. The only other problem we have noticed is the gas pedal is a little sensative. When you push it, there is either a delay or it guns it. With my wife being pregnant, that can be annoying when it jerks her.

Transmission is extremely smooth. Very responsive steering, easy on tires.

Interior is a little cheap looking, A little more trunk space (hardly can fit our stroller in there) Blind spots, throttle a little smoother.

Dodge Mini's SUV
By JB in Pittsburgh

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the car for about a month. Great radio/CD system but do not understand why there is no aux. imput. Car pull slightly to the left so I am having dealer look at alignment. AWD drive cars go out of alignment easily and chew up tires. Fuel economy is 22- 24 mpg in commuting,slightly better on highway, but no AWD car will match a two wheel drive car in mpg. The CVT seems to do better at mpg in city driving. Pick-up could be better. I would recommend that Dodge consider the Turbo-Diesel used in Europe ( 220 foot pounds of torque ) or a 30 hp upgrade to the 2.4 using a milder version of the SRT turbo. Have not driven in snow yet.

Interior space, AWD, Sat radio/Nav. CVT. Ground clearance.

See through rear headrests, change location of controls for driver info center (not reachable while driving.) Aux input with premium radio. Turbo-Diesel option or Turbo version of the 2.0 litre ( to 210 hp )