Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

I love my Avenger
By smitgerty

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2008 avenger for 9 months now and I have not had a problem with her. In fact, the avenger is such a looker, I've actually had several strangers stop and compliment the car. How fun is that?

The exterior design, the cool zone

The blind spots (however you do get ued to them), the plastic interior is hard to clean

Good car
By Todd

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Avenger. 4 cylinder isn't going to grab much attention but moves car with the rest of traffic. Engine design is joint venture with hyundai and mitsubishi, seems to be very reliable. Ride is qiuet and comfortble. 300 mile road trip first weekend family of 4 fit perfectly. Rear armrest with cup holder was big hit. Yes fabric is comfortable and cleans up well. I love the exterior design and sirius radio is very nice for traveling. Fold down split rear seats come in handy on a weekly basis. Car gets all around fuel economy 28 mpg mixed hwy cty driving. 30 mpg is easy all hwy.

built in satellite radio,electric drivers seat,very usable cup holders, pwr windows, pwr mirrors, Exterior design had me at first glance,

Bigger review mirror as vision is a bit resricted.

WARNING ABOUT BUYING A 2008 AVENGER
By WORST CAR TO OWN

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Avenger in April 2008. I am very disappointed with it. I have 12,478 miles on it. Brakes grind, door and side pannels creek like crazy...cant find that problem to fix, Im on my 4th mygig radio(Keeps Freezing up). Sluggish tranny(4cyl). Front noises when you turn or go over a bump. AC doesnt work well, numerous blind spots, chrome plasic around shifter inside blinds driver, poorly designed trunk pours water into the trunk when wet and many many more just running out of room. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ONE.JUNK This is just the worst car I have ever owned. Back in 1997 I had a brand new avenger and loved it so I thought I would take a chance with the 2008. What a mistake.

NOTHING

EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED.

Happy Avenger Owner
By DodgeSalesman

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Avenger is definitely a Highmilage Vehicle and I bought it specifically for the Lifetime Warranty. With the 2.7V6 I get ~27+ MPG on the Highway and 23+ City. I love the fact it looks so different then all the Accords and Camry's on the road. I LOVE the MyGig Entertainment and have more than 1,000 songs and albums downloaded with still a TON of room to go. The Chill zone is Great even though it eats up a lil room in the glove box. Besides the Glove Box is for a Owners Manual and a couple parking tickets, the rest is trash! Plenty of room for both my kids and the Stain Repel Seats have already paid for themselves. I absolutely Love my Avenger!

MyGig, Sirius Radio, Chill Zone and Stain/YES Cloth Seats. Sporty and Aggressive Exterior Designing.

I'd like to see a CVT or 5/6 speed automatic transmission in future models. I'm not a fan of the textured plastics but if you want a more refined interior, I guess theirs the Sebring... same vehicle really.

Terrible! Do not purchase one!
By LL

2008 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Too many recalls to count. The car has stalled numuerous times, while waiting at a red light in traffic. Brake rotors and pads have been changed at 12,000 and 19,000 miles. They need to be replaced again at 27,000 miles. Paint is fading between back tires and rear passenger doors. In July 2008, dealership put on plastic film to stop the paint job from getting worse. The paint is now fading around the coating. On each side of the car, there is a 8 x 10 inch area that is light gray (versus the dark gray paint job. A terrible car for the money. Better to buy a Chevy Malibu or a Ford Fusion.

Heated seats