Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

car is ok
By jeni740

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 02 Taures ses for my Avenger. The Taures had better speed and was much more comfortable. The look of the Avenger from the front is awesome!! From the back not so much. I am having problems with my Rpms going up by itself. Yesterday while in park in my driveway my Rpms shot up to 4 all on its own, I had to shut it off and that stopped it. My windows squeek if rolled all the way down and the steerling feels off. I am going to have it looked at Wednesday I hope the can diagnose the problems and fix it asap. For a new car I did not expect all the problems I am having.

The front end is pretty cool looking. The inside looks great too.

Blind spots are horrible!!!!! Arm rest is kinda cheesy.

love the car
By LOVE IT

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car in May 2008 and have had for 14 months now. i have 34,000 miles on the car with a longgg commute to work and have never had a problem (knock on wood). yes i have the 4 cyl, but you can't beat the gas mileage. one of the comments above said that they got compliments on their car. i get the SAME thing. everyone loves the look of the car. take care of the routine maintenance and you shouldn't have any problems.

exterior (body kit), stereo/sound system, sun roof, heated seats, chill zone, easy to clean leather interior, ipod hookup, big trunk, excellent gas mileage hwy and city.

interior plastic is cheap, make a 5/6 cyl.

Good Car for gas savings
By Richard B.

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the exterior look and the car handles well. I'm a little disappointed with the amount of recalls (3) so far and the radiator sprung a leak at the seam for no apperant reason. Luckly it was still under warranttee. The only other thing that concerns me is the erratic transmition shifting when the engine is cold. The ride is comfortable and I get comments on the sleek exterior. Pick up is good, and it gets good gas mileage. Not the car to work on in your back yard though, the battery is located under the left wheel well cover and nothing looks easy to work on under the hood,...water pump, alternater, A/C. etc. are all buried. I will probobly pay it off and sell it, three years from now.

The way the car handles, and the interior is very quiet. Ample room for a midsize car. Good size trunk too.

Different Transmission, I don't trust it

Poor vision Trunk leaks
By Greg

2008 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Avenger for 18 months and really like the car but for two issues. The vision is terrible, rear and side vision is hazardous, especially on busy highways and around town. The RT head rests blocks any hope of seeing what is just behind you or beside you. Also every time you lift the trunk lid when it is raining all the water pours into the trunk, no it is not just an alignment issue some one get this design wrong. I have contacted Dodge and they have no excuse.

Looks good, drives nice, sounds great and the Blue tooth connection to my cell phone works good.

Trunk lid that works, rear vision get rid of the cheap chrome bezel around the gear sift, blinds me on a sunny day with the rough open.

Should have bought a jeep
By shadow

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first purchased the car I thought it was wonderful. But now I cant wait to trade it off. There have been numerous recalls, and now the electronic Throttle control is having issues. The front seats are very uncomfortable, I cannot imagine a larger person sitting in them, the blind spots...No you do not get use to them. There are some good points, smooth to drive and roomy and does have pick up and go. Interior is plastic, hard to clean and difficult to get things that have dropped between the seats. A new vehicle will be in my future very soon.

Body style