Used 2008 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

so far so good
By Robert

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2008 Dodge Avenger a few weeks ago. I went with this car because it looked way better than a Camry, Accord and all those other cars that look all alike. It drives good and my 2.7 V6 is pretty quick. I recommend going with the V6 model over the 4 banger. I drove both versions of the Avenger and the difference is like night and day. Interior is somewhat bland and the door panels are very hard to clean. There is one huge blind spot in this vehicle that I will have to get used to pretty quick. The 17" tires are perfect for the potholes I have to put up with where I live. This is my first Dodge and their styling right now is above and beyond everyone elses.

The fold down front seat. Plenty of leg room in the front and back. The stylish look. 17" tires.

Speakers aren't the greatest and rattle even at a low volume setting. The cool zone is worthless. more cloth in the interior and not so much plastic.

A great drive, A great car
By amanda utrera

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a great drive. I traded in my 2004 jeep liberty renegade for something that gets better gas mileage and I was not disappointed. I get 32+ miles on the highways and 28+ city. The 2.7V6 gives me lots of passing power and the stain repellent seats are worth their weight in gold. I tell everyone I talk to that the Japanese cars have got nothing on this!!!!!

Styling, 2.7V6 fuel mileage, seats for protection and comfort, audio controls, sunroof, and sirus radio!

Interior materials, and the 4 speed transmission.

car is ok
By jeni740

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 02 Taures ses for my Avenger. The Taures had better speed and was much more comfortable. The look of the Avenger from the front is awesome!! From the back not so much. I am having problems with my Rpms going up by itself. Yesterday while in park in my driveway my Rpms shot up to 4 all on its own, I had to shut it off and that stopped it. My windows squeek if rolled all the way down and the steerling feels off. I am going to have it looked at Wednesday I hope the can diagnose the problems and fix it asap. For a new car I did not expect all the problems I am having.

The front end is pretty cool looking. The inside looks great too.

Blind spots are horrible!!!!! Arm rest is kinda cheesy.

love the car
By LOVE IT

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car in May 2008 and have had for 14 months now. i have 34,000 miles on the car with a longgg commute to work and have never had a problem (knock on wood). yes i have the 4 cyl, but you can't beat the gas mileage. one of the comments above said that they got compliments on their car. i get the SAME thing. everyone loves the look of the car. take care of the routine maintenance and you shouldn't have any problems.

exterior (body kit), stereo/sound system, sun roof, heated seats, chill zone, easy to clean leather interior, ipod hookup, big trunk, excellent gas mileage hwy and city.

interior plastic is cheap, make a 5/6 cyl.

Good Car for gas savings
By Richard B.

2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the exterior look and the car handles well. I'm a little disappointed with the amount of recalls (3) so far and the radiator sprung a leak at the seam for no apperant reason. Luckly it was still under warranttee. The only other thing that concerns me is the erratic transmition shifting when the engine is cold. The ride is comfortable and I get comments on the sleek exterior. Pick up is good, and it gets good gas mileage. Not the car to work on in your back yard though, the battery is located under the left wheel well cover and nothing looks easy to work on under the hood,...water pump, alternater, A/C. etc. are all buried. I will probobly pay it off and sell it, three years from now.

The way the car handles, and the interior is very quiet. Ample room for a midsize car. Good size trunk too.

Different Transmission, I don't trust it