I brought a car back the day after I bought it and they wouldn't take it back. They don't legally have to of course but it would have been the right thing to do.i should have known better.they were all polite and spent time getting me into a different car at a lower monthly payment but I regret getting that one also. The stereo is broken already. I'm not very good at buying cars and I shouldn't have gone alone.
Reached out to Dick Hannah Acura through email to get an online quote and set up a test drive. Met with Tony Lockett who walked us through the vehicle and answered all our questions. Decided to hold off on a purchase decision for a bit and there was no sales pressure. Tony was wanted us to take whatever time we needed and make sure we were comfortable with our purchase. After deciding that Acura was the car we wanted we contacted Tony again and he emailed a fair price and honored it when we walked into the dealership to select the car and sign the papers. No surprises fees. Whatever price Tony quoted was the price on the papers we signed. Transaction went smoothly without any pressure. Very happy with our purchase. Thank you Tony Locket and thank you Dick Hannah Acura for a great car buying experience.
Buying experience with Dick Hannah has been satisfying. They understand most buyers do fair bit of research. Made just one visit, took a test driver, received a fair price and sealed the deal.
I have the vehicles for few days now and thrilled to be driving it.
Great car buying experience at Dick Hannah Acura of Portland
I recently bought a new Acura ILX from Dick Hannah Acura of Portland. The entire car buying experience was enjoyable. I worked with Noe who quoted me a fair price right up front. After agreeing quickly on the price. I worked with the finance manager who was easy to work with and got me in and out in a fast and efficient manner. Everyone was professional and friendly.
We picked out a car online, did the deal of which was better than we asked for...then drove off in a loaner until ours arrived. Get a call later...turns out corporate entered the information incorrectly and what we wanted wasn't even an available option! Panic! So they made it right as they say, by upgrading us at no extra cost! Who does that?
I just wanted to take time to say thanks. I purchased a vehicle from you yesterday and it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I worked with Jose Restrepo in sales and also worked with Brad Capa in sales. I got an amazing deal on my used car, and I got what I consider to be a very fair amount for my older trade-in. At no point did I feel pressured. They explained each step as we went and I just felt so taken care of. I have already since I left, and will continue to recommend them to family and friends and when I need my next vehicle, I will be coming back. Thanks again.
There are good dealerships, bad dealerships and then there is Dick Hannah
There are good dealerships, there are bad dealerships and then there is Dick Hannah Acura. We bought a 2016 vehicle from them back in July (took delivery in August) after buying a 2015 vehicle from Ron Tonkin Acura across town back in December 2014. The reason we decided to try Dick Hannah for our second vehicle was because we thought they might be more willing to negotiate on price. Well, hindsight is always 20/20. Below are our experiences with Dick Hannah Acura:
1. The finance department is extremely slow. I signed my original sales contract in mid-July. We had a trade-in Hyundai with negative equity on it, the loan on which they offered to pay off quickly. They didn't pay it off until September 1st, which means we got hit with a ~$580 additional monthly payment for a car we no longer even had physical possession of. Now, logic would then follow that since the principal on the Hyundai was lowered as a result of our additional monthly payment, I should be refunded some money when the dealership pays it off, right? Not so; because they took so horridly long in their processing, interest charges ate up most of the $580 and we only got back $75.
2. Finance is also extremely disorganized. When I asked them about the AcuraCare extended warranty, no one in the whole dealership had a copy of the manufacturer's fine print terms on hand. They told me I would get a copy in the mail after I signed up. I told them I would not sign something when they didn't even have fine print for me to read.
3. The service department is very unfriendly and condescending. A few days after I took delivery of my new 2016 vehicle, I noticed an issue with the brakes. The pedal would go stiff if the car was left off for 24+ hours, something our 2015 vehicle does not do. I brought this up with the service department, and they immediately dismissed my concerns as "it's normal". When I tried explaining my concerns further, the tech simply sneered at me (while I was still speaking!) and brushed it off as "it's a feature with the new model year". What a textbook answer of a horrible staff member.
4. I specified several accessories to be added on to my new vehicle. This required an appointment with service, which I scheduled. My natural understanding was that they would install the accessories in their shop. No one told me that their body shop is actually located in Vancouver, WA, and that they would be clocking over 30 miles on my new car driving it there and back! 30 miles is not much in the grand scheme of things, but I am extremely miffed that they did so without informing me at all. Ron Tonkin Acura on the other hand, does not do this. They install all the accessories at the dealership.
5. One of accessories I added to my car was the "Lower chrome door trim". It was so shabbily installed that they started coming loose in less than a month. I eventually had to get both front chrome strips replaced.
6. While they had my car in Vancouver, they actually forgot to install one of the accessories that I had requested and paid for in my loan. They told me they would have set up another appointment to take the car back there again. I said "forget it" and asked for a refund on the accessory. More on that later.
7. The license plates took over two months to arrive. The vehicle was ordered in mid-July and I signed the application for the plates then. The vehicle was delivered to me on August 6th. I did not receive my plates until October 22, which was uncomfortably close to the early-November expiration date of my temporary sticker. Ron Tonkin on the other hand? They have your permanent plates installed onto your new car before you even drive it off the lot!
8. Remember the accessory they forgot to install? I asked for my money back, and now finance won't pay me. They first told me that they would mail me a check, but it never showed up. Upon further in-person inquiry, they told me that they mailed it not to me but to Acura Financial Services, as they claim they are required to do so in these cases. I meticulously checked my loan account, there was no sign of it anywhere. Upon further in-person questioning, they backtracked and told me they hadn't mailed the check yet, but would send it out the following Monday, and that it would probably show up in my next statement. It's been two statements since, and it still hasn't showed up. That's once that I've had to call them and twice that I've had to go to the dealership in person and I still don't have my money. I am tired of being lied to my face and stolen from.
The bottom line is this: Dick Hannah Acura is a most unpleasant and treacherous place to buy your next vehicle. They are condescending, rude and dishonest--the combination of which is a difficult feat to achieve even for a car dealership. So shop here if you enjoy being cheated, looked down upon and bald-face-lied-to. If you don't, save yourself time, money and multiple headaches and buy from Ron Tonkin instead. Just the 2c of someone who has bought cars from both establishments.
I came into Dick Hannah base on the commercials and when I came I was blow away! After 10 or 15 cars, Sandy and I were able to find the best fit for my family. She was patient, honest and such a genuine pleasure to work with! Im really glad I was able to come to Dick Hannah, Ill be back!
I have bought one vehicle from dick Hannah a 2009 Tacoma pickup 2 years ago I bought it with 40 some odd thousand miles on it I paid 26000 ...it now has 84000 miles my wife and I found a car that we were interested in so I contacted them and did a virtual deal online ..gave them my info on the truck ...they came back and offered me 13000 for my truck that i just Kelly blue booked at 20800 ...these people are dishonest ...they today have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma on their used car web page for 12000 it is 8 years older than mine and 100 thousand more miles please don't think about buying a car from these people they are truly terribly dishonest and they thing people are stupid people.
Randy was committed to getting me into a 2015 TLX and hung in there with my husband and I to strike a deal that would satisfy us both. This is our 2nd Acura purchase in 10 years @ Acura of Portland. Top drawer sales staff and wonderful service dept. We like the dealership as much as we like the great cars they sell!!
Norine was very helpful during the entire buying process. Two things that particularly stood out were her openness/honest and her willingness to find us the best deal possible. I would definitely recommend Norine to friends/family!
I had a wonderful experience with Dick Hannah Acura! Tony was very helpful on the phone prior to my visit, and took the time when I arrived to set me up with Sandy a knowledgeable, personable, saleswoman. I was tread with respect and honesty throughout my visit. My kids were offered coloring sheets, snacks, cartoons, and never seemed like a burden. I was happy to work out a deal that fit my needs, and get into a car that I LOVE!!! I would definitely come back in the future!
I initially called to check on a vehicle that I saw online. Brian was awesome as he patiently answered questions over the phone. When I arrived I was greeted by James who is a polite, patient and very knowledgeable salesman. I was so wishy washy in decision making while he answered many man questions and concerns. I will be back for all Acura purchases because these guys aren't pushy, but very kind and patient! Best car buying experience in my 50 years!!! Thanks guys
I have never posted a review like this before but felt this one needed to be done. Below is my response to Dick Hannah Customer Service. I have never heard back from them. I guess they figure we'll just write this one off. I'll let you decide if you want to do business with them.
I received your card. Thank-you. You asked if I would let you know if we had anything less than exceptional experience with our new car purchase. No, we did not have an exceptional experience. Being very honest, this was the worst car buying experience we have had. I am not trying to be rude. I am just giving you an honest response to your request.
The day we started the purchase process at your dealership things went pretty much normal like other cars I have purchased. Mark M. was very nice and pleasant to deal with. We had an issue at the signing that we felt was handled with exceptional service and everything was resolved. It did require resigning all paperwork and we were happy with the outcome. Due to the MDX having to be brought from Seattle you gave us a very nice loaner car. We thank you for that. From this point on things went very bad.
Mark M. called informing us the car had arrived and it was being prepped for our pickup. We set a time for the following day for me to pick the car up and return the loaner. The following day I was called by Mark and informed there was an issue with the VIN # and we would have to sign the paperwork all over again. This would also require my wife to be present to sign also and would have to be done before receiving the car. I was supposed to pick the car up at 2:30. I told Mark my wife was at work and had a late meeting and we would have to postpone a day. Mark really wanted to complete everything that day. He said it didn't matter how late it would be and he would drive to our house so we could complete it that day. I was not happy because the weather was nasty and it would be dark out but said I would get back to him with a time. After getting hold of my wife, she adjusted here schedule and said she could be home by 5:00. I called Mark back and we agreed to meet between 5:30 and 6:00. At 6:30 we had not heard or seen Mark. I called him at the dealership and he said quote "I apologize for being late but I was with a client. I will be leaving shortly." I am not sure how you would take that, but my first thought was, what am I. Now I'm starting to get upset. I had been up since 3 am and have to be up at 3 am the next day. I again said we need to reschedule. Mark was very adamant we need to complete it that day and he would leaving in just a few minutes. I was extremely close to telling him we should just call off the entire deal but I didn't because I figured it would be about impossible to get our car back that was traded in. Mark was held up in traffic due to the rain and showed up about 7:25 pm. So much for getting a new shiny clean car (the interior was immaculate). I let Mark know we were not happy at all with the way this deal was being closed. He said "All I can say is I am sorry". We signed the documents for the third time. Mark asked if we would like to go out and look the car over and he would program our phones and other things. I declined as it was then 8:00, dark out & raining. We were in no mood to go out look over our new dirty car in the dark and rain. I told Mark I would program things on my own. He then offered a free detailing and oil change for the way the car was delivered to us. I said thanks and would think about it. Mark then made some very nice comments about our house decorations and he left. After my wife and I sat down for a minute we both commented on how disappointed we were with what happened and it really ruined our excitement of buying a new luxury SUV. I went out and moved the car into the garage and we went to bed. We never did have dinner that night.
The next day after reviewing the documents I realized we are missing copies of the Retail Installment Contract, Secure Odometer Disclosure/Reassignment & State of Oregon Secure Power of Attorney. The copies we have still have the wrong VIN #
on them. I have left a message with Tirza at 1:55 pm today Dec 15 asking her to call me about the documents.
I know this is not what you would like to hear but that was our experience with purchasing a new 2013 ACURA MDX at Dick Hannah. If Mark had just postponed the closing till the next day we could have met there and received our car in the delivery center all clean and shiny and we would have left having an exceptional experience in our new MDX. Instead we went from five stars to 1 star to get the deal closed and done. If you have any questions you can me reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or on my cell at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Thank you Acura of Portland for your help with my new Acura. We have been shopping around around for some time trying to find an automobile that fit our family's need, and the TSX wagon fits the bill. I absolutely love my new car and the experience I had with Cory.
I used a car broker to negotiate the price so I wouldn't have to deal with all of the problems that so many people complain of when dealing with car salesmen. All I had to do was go into the dealer and collect the car - or so I thought.
The first thing they did was hand me the keys, so I was keen to get out of there as quickly as possible. They made me wait, and then started on the paper work. Page after page of additions that I didn't want and said no to every one of them. After about an hour of this, they raised price of the vehicle. Looking back, I should have just got up and walked out, but having the keys in my hands, and having to wait for an hour, I signed the last piece of paper just so I could leave.
I will never go back there, and even though my car has been great I will not buy another Acura because the the way the dealer treated me.
Recommend this dealer? No
Purchased a vehicle from this dealer? Yes
Did the dealer honor all commitments made? Not Applicable
I recently noticed that my 2007 Acura TSX needed an oil change. On a recent trip to Idaho I stopped by the Dealership in Portland to get my car serviced (as I am a "Acura Customer For Life" member. I was told while I was there for an oil change that my model and year TSX had a recall for the Radiator hose and that due to safety regulations, I wouldn't be able to drive my car off the lot until this recalled part was replaced. I was also told that unfortunately they wouldn't be able to service it for over 3 hours. However, the mechanics decided to stay over through their regular lunch break to service my car so that I could drive the 2000 miles left of my trip and get me where I needed to go on time. I have never had such amazing service and such quality people willing to go out of their way to help out a customer. Thank you Acura of Portland!!!
A car is kind of a big deal. Its a big machine and its a big expense and its a big part of life as we know it. And so, when we talk to you about your car, we take it pretty seriously. We believe in driving around until we hear the rattle that only happens when its raining, on a hill, turning slightly to the left. We believe in coloring with your 4-year-old while you take a test drive. We believe one mistake is one too many. We are not okay with just okay. We believe in listening before talking, thinking before acting, and showing our cards. All of them. All of this may seem strange, since the car business has a reputation for being not so nice. But over the years, we have learned its better to be nice, do good and tell the truth. Because it may look like the car business, but its really the people business. And for us, that is a big deal.
Dick Hannah Dealerships. Believe in nice.
what sets us apart
Dick Hannah Dealerships is committed to supporting the community. From donating raffle vehicles for the Children's Cancer Society, to giving a new car to a high school student who improves their grades, to planting a tree for every vehicle we sell.