Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Excellent Car
By TomD

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

2 years and 24000 miles later I am very satisfied. I didn't buy into the Japanese hype. I service it when it tells me to and my dealer takes care of any recalls. I barely lift a finger. Tons of space, lots of power. Took it to Florida from Michigan twice and not a single hitch. I am impressed so far. Good job Chrysler.

The hard drive in the entertainment system, dual dvd players, head phones, unique spaces everywhere, stow & go is big, quiet inside.

None, honestly!

love the vehicle hate the mileage
By Dave G

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

this is a 4L engine and the performance is great but even driving very conservately the mileage is not as advertised. Also the windshield is the most fragile I have ever experienced. Overall it is A very comfortable and fun vehicle to own.

auto head lights, auto heat and a/c, sirius, heated front and second row seats, blind side warning, rear view camera and sonar sensors

better window glass and mpg. would make a big difference

Transmission Problems
By Carol P

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love my van accept for clunking in transmission when I slow down to around 25 to 20 MPH, it jerks and clunks. Taken to dealer twice, they of course can find nothing wrong. I accelerated the van last week (passing a car) the van started jerking and losing power, when I slowed up the jerking stopped and, when I accelerated, the I got the same jerking, again dealer could find nothing wrong. They rebooted the transmission on their computer which did nothing. Very disappointed that a new car clunks and jerks and the sad thing is that I can't get it fixed. If it isn't doing it when I bring it in, they can't help me. I have to live with annoying problems everyday on a new Car!

Very Roomy, Stow and Go Seating. Storage

Transmission!

By JJR

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was recently in a 50 mph head-on collision with my 09 T&C. My 8 yr old son and I walked away without a scratch. The other car (G6 or Grand- Am) came across into our lane. It impacted just outside of the driver frame rail pushing the tire and axle up under the floor pan. Front end was destroyed, driver door slightly deformed but driven back into slider door. Driver A-Piller kinked. Passenger fender moved away from vehicle. Air bags deployed. Driver door encroached in just a bit. Other than that, the entire cockpit stayed in tact (to the naked eye). My son was in the seat behind my and nothing got even close to him. Fit and finish be damned, they put the money in the right place!!!

One of the best family vehicles
By Chris

2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have a large family (5 children, all under 12yrs) so our options are limited. In the past, we have had a Ford Expedition, and a GMC Savana. The Town & Country is the most fuel efficient and kid friendly family vehicle we have ever owned.

Dual, flip-down DVD screens. Remote start and remote power doors. Lots of storage for kid stuff.

More supportive driver and passenger seats for those long trips.