Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Buyer Beware Brake Life
By dimsum

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a certified used 2008 T&C LX with 3000 miles in January. New brakes and rotors required at 17K miles. Based on other online reviews and some quick math, it became apparent we would have to pay for a complete brake replacement every 15K miles or so. Wear items are not covered under warranty so we were looking at a $800 hit every year. I can understand a brake replacement at 30-40K but not annually. Clearly there is a design problem with the 2008s. After much back and forth with the dealer and Chrysler corporate, we agreed to a $250 deductible. Once fixed, we traded in vehicle. Sorry Chrysler!

HD radio, stow-n-go, dealer-installed remote starter

Come clean about brake issue like other manufacturers. Admit there is a problem and help the customer. For example, Honda acknowledged a design issue with 2001 Ody transmission and paid for full replacements. Inconvenient, but at least honest.

Stay Away!!!
By gmike

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We leased a 2008 Town & Country and have had nothing but problems. Three days into the lease brakes made noise and stearing was off. We hadd to get new brakes, roters and a wheel alignment. Doors were opening on thier own or not closing. Drove to Florida, the radiator cap blew and radio would not work for 3 hours, radio stations change on thier own. The van is horrible and we are fighting to get out of the lease, the dealership was horrible, they are located in Jersey, they could care less that we had all the problems, they gave me a PT cruiser as a rental and made me change cars outside in a snow storm with a 3 year old and a 7 month old, no help and would not let me in the garage!!!

NOTHING!!!

Done with American
By Jenn

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van due to transmission issues with our 1998 Tahoe with over 150000 miles, thinking we could avoid repairs for some time. What a joke. First it was DVD/NAV system problems, then the AC, NAV again, Front brakes at 23000 miles, Folding seats don't come up, Transmission Valve body- while driving to Soccer Toury- I coach need to be there on time- Stuck me in match box car for rental with three children, luggage, and equipment. This was Friday, did not get van back for 6 days and had to drive over 150 miles to pick up. Now at 35000 the rear brakes need to be replaced- thing is they don't have an after market brake YET it will cost $195 for this. It makes me sick- Never again!!!!!!!!

DVD/NAV when they work

TRANSMISSION SYSTEM- this had been an issue for years with chysler. The brakes could be better as well.

Great For My Three Sons
By TOm

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the 2008 T & C after talking ourselves out of the "Loser Cruiser" stigma. We have a2007 Durango, which is awesome, but not the family mover we needed. We traded my old sedan for the T & C and have not looked back. THe van is simply the most incredible, family oriented vehicle on the market. The DVD system is great for the boys (ages 4 and 2- year-old twins). After owning for a month we packed it up and headed ten hours south to Virginia Beach. Van performed great. We had it to the dealer once for a DVD door that was sticking when trying to close...Scranton Dodge swapped out the entire system and even changed the oil..on them! So far, van is exceeding our expectations.

DVD System, multiple configurations of seating, cup-holders, "stuff" holders, exterior stylng, interior styling, performance, curb appeal, throaty rumble (for a mini van) dash shifter.

A little less plastic inside.

No wonder they're bankrupt
By Davedough

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van shortly after the arrival of our 2nd child. We figured we needed the room and went with the most popular model out there. One week after ownership, the tire monitor goes off and there's a leak in the rim. Dealer replaces the monitor. Week later, its back. Dealer fixes it. 2 months later, its back. Meanwhile, the side door has stopped closing all the way. Dealer takes 4 stabs at it before ordering all new mounting parts for the door. 15,000 miles into ownership and the brakes and rotors are so far gone that they are in need of $300 replacement. Dealer tells me its common for this van and I can expect that every $15,000 miles. Value dropped so now I cant sell it. Yay Chrysler

Gear selector location. Swivel rear seats that make a seating area. Amount of room for long trips.

Better braking system.