Used 2008 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Love it... BUT
By Neil

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

On the whole my wife, kids and I love the van. As our first new car we like all the gadgets and the new car feel. BUT... after 10,000 miles I can hear both sliders make a creaking noise when taking off and just before coming to a stop. Also when hitting the brakes I get a vibration in the steering wheel and in the whole van.The faster I'm going when I hit the brakes the worse it is. After reading some of the reviews, this sounds like a rotor, pad problem. I may be wrong but I don't think a 42,000 dollar van [Paid 30] should do that. We also have the pass slider that wont close all the way unless done by hand. I haven't brought it in yet, so we'll see.

comfort, nav, DVD, smooth ride, except when I hit the brakes, Auto Folding rear seats

Better brakes, Should be able to swivel DVD screen when seats are turned around, person sitting in swiveled seats can't see screen.

Great For My Three Sons
By TOm

2008 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the 2008 T & C after talking ourselves out of the "Loser Cruiser" stigma. We have a2007 Durango, which is awesome, but not the family mover we needed. We traded my old sedan for the T & C and have not looked back. THe van is simply the most incredible, family oriented vehicle on the market. The DVD system is great for the boys (ages 4 and 2- year-old twins). After owning for a month we packed it up and headed ten hours south to Virginia Beach. Van performed great. We had it to the dealer once for a DVD door that was sticking when trying to close...Scranton Dodge swapped out the entire system and even changed the oil..on them! So far, van is exceeding our expectations.

DVD System, multiple configurations of seating, cup-holders, "stuff" holders, exterior stylng, interior styling, performance, curb appeal, throaty rumble (for a mini van) dash shifter.

A little less plastic inside.

Poor Vehicle
By Thad English

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Brakes and rotors had to be replaced at 26,0000 cost me over 500.00 eletric door ( poor ) water damage to front carpet

rear camera

fix problems

Better than Honda!
By Dave S

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at several vans and the Chrysler was the best all around value. My neighbor has an 06 oddyssy and even he admits the honda is junk and after riding in my chrysler is considering trading the honda in!

Comfort,power of the 4.0v6,quality

none I can think of.

Piece of junk
By jerry

2008 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a 2000 T&C for this piece of junk. Radio locked up on one channel, rear bumper cover bowed up, gear shift noisy and hanging up, tires noisy, and interior is so noisy you cannot hear radio. Cruise control is terrible. It goes from 1750 rpms to 2500 almost continuosly. Then the anti theft switch went bad while in drive way and had to have it towed. It took three weeks to get new switch. It has about 16000 miles and the tires are making loud noise and it appears also brakes may need work. No wonder they are going bankrupt. I made a mistake buying this instead of Honda or anything else.

Stow away seats and body style

Replace whoever in charge of making changes from 2000 until now, of course I think that has already happened.