Used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Piece of junk
By disgruntled

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We've always had Chrysler minivans since they first came out and have had pretty good luck with them, but this machine fell completely apart at 65,000 miles. All brakes needed to be completely replaced and the a/c has cost $2,000 so far and even with another $1000 they don't think they can get it fixed. Now the cooling fans for the motor won't work. We love Stow and go, but will give it up not to have these kinds of problems again. Beware!

Stow and Go is wonderful. Wish we could find another car with a feature like that.

Back sliding doors have always been hard to operate and have gotten more difficult over time. Back hatch now has a "hitch" in it and is hard to open too.

Nice, but watch the engine
By Randall S. Brown

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would like to get better mileage but this is a people hauler. We owned a Town & Country prior and ran it up to 150k only changing brakes and one AC before the brain went out. This vehicle we have had for 8 months. Now has 44k miles and I'm noticing it is using a significant amount of oil between oil changes. Now I've found this is common for the 3.8 motor. It wasn't common for the 3.3 but the 3.3 was short on power. Be sure you are ready to add a quart of oil every 2 or 3k miles after you get to 44k.

Room, storage space, comfort

Brakes stronger, better mileage, more refined engine sound

I love my soccer mom van
By jen

2007 Chrysler Town and Country LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my van. The stow and go is awesome. I bought a 26 cubic foot fridge and it fit! I even got a huge patio set that was already together with all 6 chairs that cant fold and the umbrella and base in it.

Stow and go. Captain chairs in 2nd row- keeps the kids away from each other so they can't hit each other!

Some jerk cut me off and I had no choice but to slam on my brakes and now the abs light is on and the brakes locked up. Now I have to replace the sensor.The cup holder in the 2nd row broke off. They aren't built to take any kind of beating and with a mini van should be built for kids

Love my Town & Country
By chunt

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 7th Crysler min-van since 1992. The first 5 were company vans. I drove each one of the company vans 90,000 to 110,000 miles with just one transmission repair. The only other maintenance on the company vans were brakes, tires and 5000 mile oil changes. I love my 07 van. It is comfortable, drives smoothly and does fairly well on gas. Being able to put a 4X8 sheet of plywood in the back is great. I truly love the van on trips, with all of the room and comfort.

Stow and go seats. Cargo space.

No more chrysler's
By Jerome

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

With less than 35000 mi the air conditioning was repaired four times.The tie rods and bushings were replaced twice.The second time parts were back ordered.I guess everybody was having tie rods replaced.At 64000 the front end rattles again but parts are no longer covered by warranty.I also had to have power steering fluid flused and changed to hopefully silence a noise that has been there since new.Sounds like the power steering pump may be next.I am surprised customer safety isn't important enough for Chrysler to recall steering related parts.Chryler also refused to pay for tires worn out by faulty tie rod ends and bad bushings.Overall this vehicle has soured my taste for chrysler products.

I do like the stow and go seating although it seems to have changed weight distribution compared to our 1999 chrysler van.Maybe that contributes to the tie rod end problem.

Interior driver and front passenger seating.I am a larger,not obese,person and the door panels protrude out towards the front and make constant contact above my knees.The rear of the front door frames have a plastic loop formed in to hold the seatbelt.This constantly pushes into the back of my arm.