Used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

King has fallen
By King has fallen

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a Chrysler thinking we went to quality and reliability. Within 10k miles the electric sliding doors failed. After replacing the "parts" once, we now rely arm strength to open the doors. Brakes have been replaced numerous times. The interior sounds like you are in an airplane, NOT quiet at all. It's amazing that the price of these, from the one time "top" manufacturer are built so cheap and not worth the money. We will steer away from all Chrysler products in the future.

Stow n Go

Take a lesson from your competitor..."Built Tough, Ford Tough". Stop trying to squeeze a nickel and build a strong reliable vehicle for the American public who work to damn hard for their money to have to settle for this.

It's been a great car
By Xcoto

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've had next to no trouble with this van, our first minivan, and have had no major work done on it. I'm just now at 58,000 miles looking at a break job. I find it fun to drive with plenty of pickup, and it has shorter turning radius than our Jeep Cherokee did. The electric side sliders and rear door have been a great feature, too, since we let our dog out to run alongside in remote areas.

The stow n go seats are the greatest thing, and were the immediate selling point for us. Very useful.

Those same seats need their folding fascia parts to be made of stronger stuff. The interior plastic is too flimsy. And although our cup holders on the middle seats have not broken, I consider that a minor miracle.

No Chrysler ever again in my life!
By familyoffive1

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just in case anyone else comes across these intermittent electrical issues, RUN! Contacted Chrysler who was completely unwilling to help because they couldn't reproduce the problem while in their possession. For crying out loud, it's an intermittent problem! Definition of intermittent, duh! So, anyhow, they refused to try and fix anything because they couldn't get it to repeat. Honda dealer did actually keep looking and replaced an ignition switch and ignition lock but after all the crapola we had to deal with, we decided to trade it in for a new Honda. Good riddance! I will NEVER own a Chrysler again in my life!

While the interior does look nice, it doesn't help if the stupid thing doesn't run! To boot, the rental van we took on our trip was a 2010 Dodge Caravan wasn't much better and that's a 2010!

Do away with Chrysler! they were unwilling to fix anything because they couldn't find the problem. To me, that's not a solution and it's like saying, "I know you have an issue but we just can't find it so we just can't fix it" doesn't comfort a family about to take a trip with the van!

Electrical prob.
By Electical prob.

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since my wife and I bought this van the electric doors, windows, back hatch went out. the A/C needs to have work done. and engine light always coming on and off. we only got 20K miles on it now I bought it overseas while in the military on a small island but with the prob. we have had you wouldn't expect from a new low mileage Chrysler. Oh and they use thin rotors on the vehicle so be ready to change them every 10-15K miles.

stow n Go is nice but the sides of the captain seats are plastic, the cup holders are cheap.

Electrical, engine, Gas Mileage, use more durable parts not thin cheap plastic.

Never buy a Chrysler again in my life!
By familyoffive1

2007 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Electrical problem: intermittent shuts down air conditioning fan, windshield wipers, power Windows, radio, DVD player and power outlets. Dealer switched ignition switch. Problem is back. Trying to fix it again. Also, computerized module went out about day 10 of owning it. Maybe it's a dealer issue and not a Chrysler but after the reviews I have read. I don't think so. Trying to work with Chrysler to resolve the issues. Will update Post to let you know how that works out. Any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks :)

Not sure I can bring myself to actually say anything positive right now about this vehicle :(

basically, everything!