Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Brake issues
By HKM

2006 Chrysler Town and Country 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

For the most part I have really enjoyed this van. The paint job isn't great. I bought it new and it seems like any small bump will chip the paint. My biggest problem is the brakes with about 75000 miles I am already for my third new set of front brakes. The back which I had checked recently are fine. Have read other complaints about this and think something must be wrong. Otherwise I really haven't had to do much with the van other then regular maintenance.

space

brakes, paint quality

Bought Used, Very Happy
By HappyasLarry

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Needed family vehicle following job transfer to US. Previously would not have considered Chrysler. Tested numerous 2nd hand Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler T&C. Liked the T&C best, looks, comfort, fully loaded, and price. Like it more and more each ride. Been long distance, camping, around town, and always happy. Bought at 20K miles, now just under 50K miles. Brakes will need doing soon DIY). Water pump went on trip to Canada, and had to resort to dealership. Few minor issues with right sliding door.

The room, ergonomics and visibility. Vehicle also handles smooth and is a pleasure to drive

Nothing really, perhaps better floor mats for winter slush.

Better than Reported
By leesvan

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van new. Its the second one. Had a 2001 LXi. It was much more plush than this Touring model. However, it has been trouble free to date except the front brake discs & pads needed replacement at 30,000. The 2001 brakes lasted 60,000 but they had original ceramic all around. That convinced me of the value of ceramic. Now for the good points. Most of miles are on the highway where believe it or not I drive at 67-70 mph and get from 24.5 to 31 mpg. Believe it. This van with a 3.8 L V6 gets better mileage on the highway than advertised for medium sized sedans. I must add that the 2001 van only had a electric window mechanism go bad and I was "talked" into replacing the water pump.

Stow and go seats. You have a flat floor in less than 10 minutes with no lifting involved.

Build them with ceramic brakes and add the minimal additional cost to the price. Replace the single front center crash sensor with two. One near each front corner.

Love this Car!
By ilovethiscar

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought one of these after we rented one to make our annual drive from Ohio to North Carolina. I fell in love with the Town & Country on that trip-- nimble handling, incredible comfort, easy to drive, tons of room, easy stow- away back seats. The one I bought is just as great. I love this car! Have had zero problems with it, and I've owned it for 4 years. I would never buy any other van but a Stow & Go Town & Country. The new 2010 model is supposed to have less engine power than my 2006, so I'm not trading in. If you're in the market for a Town & Country, I'd highly recommend a fully- equipped 2006 Limited with Stow & Go seating. Best road trip and everyday car EVER.

Stow & Go seating, fun to drive, comfortable for long trips, easy to use, peppy & strong engine.

Great car couldn't ask for better
By Mda377

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first Minivan and it won't be our last, My family and I bought a used 2006 T&C and so far it is the nicest most comfortable "car" we have ever owned, we thought about the Honda and Toyota but the perks of this van won out and we went with chrysler and we are so ever glad we did. The Dvd sound system is amazing and the power doors are so helpful when you have your hands full of baby items, even the stow and go compartment makes a nice little "toy box" to keep the car neat and clean but the kids have plenty to do on those long road trips we love to take every year. My husband loves the look of the Town and Country it was easy to see why this was a smart purchase for our family.

Heated seats, Dvd, power doors, power lift gate, stow and go seats, moon roof, leather interior

I don't like that because we have a moon roof there is no overhead console to hold sunglasses.