Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

06 Mini Van
By robert3199

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van new and have had very little problems, it has been very dependable, and comfortable vehicle. I am slightly disappointed
in the mileage 21 hwy, this is with correct air pressure in the tires, and new air filter. Coming from an suv I was just hoping for better. At the time of this review it is 6 years old with 78k miles, and the only problems have been a window regulator, and egr valve.
I would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle to a friend.
Wish I had got the stow and go seating. Gave it an avg fun to drive, it is a mini van, and value on all new vehicles is a joke.

Am impressed with the handling, and comfort, for a van. It handles and rides more like a sedan.

Multi cd player, or aux audio inputs.

Beware of power steering problems !
By utgrad92

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Search the Internet for town and country power steering and you will see that you WILL be replacing the rack and pinion, as well as pump. The next time you hear a whine when turning the shell, get your wallet out.

There should be a recall on these there are so many complaints.

Dogs and I love this van
By Lab Van

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my Town and Country. Handles great.Comfortable seating. Power when needed.Front brakes had to be done at 30k.I did purchase the extended warranty but so far so good. I had the middle row seat taken out as I bring my Labrador's to the lake or trips with us.

Comfort in seating. Easy to get in and out of. Power when needed.

As mentioned brakes should have lasted.

Can't get the airbag light off
By Colleen Marlewski

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase this vehicle new and have had it serviced for the airbag light coming on many times. The light comes back on before I make it home! The dealer never told me that while the light is on the airbags will not deploy if you get into an accident. 4 years down the road and a new dealer before I was told about the danger, parts have been on order this time since April 2010. Calling Chrysler consumer hot line doesn't seem to help. They say they'll check on things and call you back but they don't. I'm getting frustrated. How long do I have to wait for a part? In the meantime I'm driving a unsafe car.

Love the heated seats, Sirius radio, temperature display, stow n' go seating

I'd like to see a heads up display. Wish the stow n' go seats were easier to put away

Never again
By TCSguy

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the van in 2007 from a Chrysler corporate fleet. Since then, it's gone through 2 power steering pumps, 1 rack&pinion, the sway bar and end links, a ball joint and the DVD player. It goes through brakes every 20K and now has a brake vibration that the dealer can't figure out. It pulls to the right and the dealer (Danbury Dodge/Chrysler in CT) told me "they all do that a little". Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. Even so, the sway bar and end links were not covered under the supposed "bumper to bumper" extended warranty. I'm a slow driver and I've never gotten more than 20 mpg from it. I'd never buy another Chrysler or anything from Danbury Chrysler/Dodge/Hyundai/Kia

The DVD player was nice but it broke. I ran out of room above. The power doors are nice but one of the motors had to be replaced. One of the door latches also needed to be replaced. the evaporative emissions pump failed and was not covered by the extended warranty.

Try to build a better car. I am disgusted with this piece of junk. I'm buying a Toyota or Nissan next time.