Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Lots of issues
By cddc

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Limited 2006 Town and Country has a lot of problems that any buyer needs to know about.

To start, the mileage is REAL BAD.
I mean REAL REAL bad.
We currently are getting around 14.5 MPG for city driving with the 3.8.
That is a deal breaker for most.
You may think that the seats are real leather on the Limited, but the leather is FAKE plastic leather.
If you want the real leather you need to get a Honda EX-L or some other van.
These OEM fake leather seats SUCK and look cheap.
And you are basically paying for leather with the high price they charge on a used car!
Use this fact as a big bargaining chip!
Real leather installation would cost $3000+ for all the seats …

in this car. 3. When you fold the seats down, the metal fasteners are exposed on the floor and will KILL your feet or knees if you stand or kneel on them. We put plywood on the floor for trips. This is another bad design. 4. The electrical system on the Limited is a total nightmare. Many times we go out to start the car and it won't start due to electrical lighting issues and shorts. This is another deal breaker. 5. We have the automatic headlights on our van. They have a LOT of issues coming on and off. Very buggy. 6. The center console is way to small and has no cup holders. Basically it takes up a lot of space. Many just take it out. 7. With all the bells and whistles on…

this Limited edition, there is no jack for a iPod. This is crazy. 8. We now have window seal noise issues on the passenger window after the dealer replaced the window motor. 9. The door locks suck. If you have standard slave keys for others, they can only unlock the car doors from the driver side door, since it has the only key lock. You need the full remote control on the Limited edition to unlock doors without going to the driver side. This is a pain, since our kids have just standard slave chipped keys on their key chains, not the HUGE remote key. 10. Chrysler dealers TOTALLY suck. The last time we took the car in they scratched the fender badly parking it. They did a very..

220K miles of good times
By hmacks

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.8L is awesome. We've gone through three set of tires, a new radiator (did it myself) a cooling fan, and 4 sets of brakes plus a set of belts. The car drives like the day we bought it. AC IC cold, stow and go is great. One of the automatic side doors stopped working but no big deal. Countless trips of +2500 miles with confidence. Cannot ask more from a vehicle except making it to 300k miles. Most comfortable best riding vehicle I'v ever owned . Tows our big boat well

Stow and Go, comfort seats, great handling, acceptable gas mileage, reliable!

Keep making an american classic!

Perfect for a family of 6
By esasllc

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My girlfriend and I have a total of 4 children together and needed a vehicle that could safely haul them around especially on long trips. I am an auto mechanic so I took my time researching and checking out several different brands. I found our 06 T & C at a Chrysler dealer with 58K miles.

My girlfriend loves the power doors and rear hatch and with multiple DVD players we had installed, it is perfect. The Stow & Go works well for food, cases of soda and loads of DVDs and plenty of room in the rear for 2 strollers and luggage. The only problem we have had was the left sliding door stopped working. I made the repair in about 45 minutes and it has been working ever since.

More powerful 3.8L V6 over the 3.3, Power sliding doors & hatch, Stow & Go, deep well storage in the rear, traction control & decent sound system.

Solve oil consumption problem, use a better wire harness for the sliding doors and stability program with traction control.

2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited
By vehicules2012

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have in the past 10 years 2 Dodge Caravan and 2 Chrysler Town and Country Limited the firts one was a 1993 Dodge Caravan had that van for several year with no problem at all except for a new battery one time, them I replace that one for a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan with 117K sell the van with over 200K and I only replace the alternator one time, new battery, tires and brake. Then I get a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country with 70K I replace the power steering pump, that is a problem with this van, new battery and brakes. Now I have a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country and the only problem I have is the power steering pump again. I thing the van are excellent, There are not a perfect vehicule,

I sell car my self and I always get a Dodge or Chrysler van for my family because they have all the power and luxury stuf like the sistem Tow N Go is perfect Me & wife loved.All the parts are easy to find, the van have cheap price and I belive for my personal experience is one of the best van you can buy for less money and will last for long time. They is no perfect vehicule they all have some problem with this or that. So don't think you will never have any problem with you vehicule.

worst i have ever owned!
By minotrice

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

at 42,000 miles and 15 allinments no shop could get the front end correct and the van would eat a full set of tires every 10,000 miles, and the van would lose a 1qt of oil every 3000 miles and crysler repose was thats normal no repair needed just check the oil once a week. the power seat base was replaced 2 times due to broken motors, the plastic intior would break, once spot it broke made a sharp stop that cut seat belt, at 30,000 miles had to replace shocks ans struts, the rear power door motor started to work every now and then, so i finnaly got ride of it and will never own anther chrysler product

make a better product