Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

We LOVE this car!
By Tammie

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car after buying an '01 model for our daughter and wanting to keep it for ourselves. Our car is a blast to drive and the appearance is classy and looks much more expensive than it was. We get comments on it everytime we are out. The gas mileage is much improved on my last vehicle and did I say it is a blast to drive? I can get a huge Sam's run worth of groceries in the trunk when the top is up and an adequate amount with it down. My husband likes to stretch way out to drive and at 6'2" he has no complaints.

My favorite things about this car are 1. It's a blast 2. One button touch to automatically open or close both the windows and top 3. The appearance-inside and out 4. The get-up-and-go for big city interstate on-ramps

My only suggestion is that if you want to fit in 4 adults the car gets a little crowded by moving the front seats forward. If the seats could be downsized a little while still keeping the comfort it would be a great car for 4 adults. A family with smaller children would fit fine.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
By Why Me??

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was by far the worst mistake I have ever made when purchasing a car. (Owned Toyota, Pontiac, Lexus, and Audi.) In the first 20 days of driving my Chrysler Sebring LX Convertible the latch on the trunk stops operating. This means that my trunk lid will not close and is unsafely moving about while I drive. Next problem came at a stop light when the car stalled…Yes, I was completely stopped at a light and it completely shut off. Luckily my boyfriend was driving and he of course knew what to do. I probably would have panicked. Third, it seems that this problem is a continual problem that CHRYSLER (who should be bankrupt from making crappy cars) is in denial to recall to fix.

When it doesn't stall, the automatic convertible top, roomy, gas mileage when you are actually moving, and luminated dash

Improve plastic interior gauges the steering wheel starts to peel, the stalling when braking, door hinges and latches, acceleration improved, better speakers, DVD player with picture on base models, and Uconnect working without having to buy expensive Sirius subscription.

Great Car
By beachbumx

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far this car has been great. Average 24 mpg. Pleanty of room for my 6' 4' frame.Plenty of looks when top is down. Top is a whiz to operate. Fun Car to drive. Love its Radio and controls.

Ease of putting down the top.

Little more take off power.

Last Chrysler
By Frustrated

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are loyal Chrysler buyers until this vehicle came along. The styling is great and I like the convertible factor. That's where the compliments end. The vehicle is just over 2 years old now and has been in for repairs 12 times! That's an average of once every 2 months. Issues include, brake lights coming on intermittently, starting getting stuck, front- end/steering noise, stuck door locks, stalling, recalls and interior fit issues. I am currently working with Chrysler assistance to get rid of this vehicle as I feel the front-end problems make it unsafe to drive. Also, it is not worth now what is owed according to KBB. Another nice kick in the head.

Exterior styling, decent pickup for a 4 cylinder, trunk room with top up and down.

I gues there is not much use in suggestions as I hear it has been discontinued. Good riddance. Very disappointed and frustrated with Chrysler.

2008 Convertible
By Tami

2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 Stone White Sebring LX Convertible. Love it! Has the 4 cylinder, and i drove it through the Ozark Mountains here in Missouri with no trouble at all - and that was with the top up, the A/C blasted, two passengers and a trunk full of luggage. It is comfy, cool looking and is a real head turner!!

Streamlined interior. 6 CD in the dash/Sirius satellite Ease of convertible top Power seats

Cant think of any!