Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Love my Convertable
By Wayne Kopp

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Chrysler product and I love it. Before I bought my convertible, I read the reviews and they were bad. I loved the styling and ride and room and was sold. The ride is smooth, the trunk is roomy and the back and front seats are very comfortable. I'm impressed with the gas mileage and just plain love driving it. Now that I have read the reviews of the owners, they agree with me. What do these professionals look at, I don't know?

The styling is great, the ride is smooth, the gas mileage is good.

Better balancing on the trunk. It is difficult to close.

Great little car, for what it is
By Perfesser

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 4-door, 4-cylinder commuter car. I live and commute through the flat cornfields of southern MN. Boring roads, straight lines, long distances. This car is perfect for commuting here. It's roomy, comfortable, reliable. Okay, so I can't add powerful, but I'm past that. Once you get to 65, what do you do with all that power anyway? This is my second Sebring. I love the styling, and I still have people come up to me in parking lots to comment on how beautiful the color is (glacier blue). I bought it well, had a few visits back to the dealer to get it sorted out, only one warranty problem since then (power steering went out.) I'm totally satisfied with this car.

Styling, color, interior design, comfort. They've made a lot of improvements since the last generation of Sebrings. It has plenty of back seat room for friends on long trips, and a huge trunk. It'll run on regular pump gas or E20 with no problems.

Better mileage. I get 30 in the summer on the highway, much less during the winter. I think it should do 15-20% better than that. Chrysler should ditch those lousy Firestone tires that it comes with and put something on with better traction and tread life.

Fun Car But Has Its Issues
By leolady

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car & cannot emphasize that enough. It's such a fun drive, but it has its flaws. I knew more about the car then dealership from the reviews I read, so I knew the car (could) have its flaws. It has been in the shop many times for a new car: entire top panel had to be replaced because passenger side lining was cut short & falling down, driver side lining replaced because car leaked when raining, the windows sometimes don't go up all the way & the car makes a loud grinding noise with left turns. Most recently, the dashboard lights randomly don't work in the dark-electrical shortage. Love the car & will have fun, but when the warranty is up, so am I.

It's so fun, stylish, rides very nice, sits high, & is roomy. So many more likes than dislikes, but the inconvenience of it being in the shop takes a toll on me. Love the exterior body style and 1-button approach to lowering the top. The truck is great- especially large even with the top down!

Mechanical/electrical performance and gas mileage. It's a good car for those sunny days - not for a daily rough commute. Maybe lighten the doors some- they are very heavy!

Wish I Never Purchased
By shannon

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was by far the worst car I have ever purchased. I have nothing but problems with this car. The blinkers dont work correctly, when I turn on the blinker the wipers come on. I have gotten it looked at a few times and still does the same thing. Like it has a mind of its own and I already had to replace the shifter on it. I could go on about problems I've had with this car. Not a good buy at all..sorry Chrysler

I can adjust the height of the seat

dont make the car so cheaply

Great car!
By Mike

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really don't understand the ratings this car has received. Maybe the folks that do the evaluating would prefer a cherry wood dash like those in their Bentley's. Either that or I am just uncommonly easy to please. This car is a fantastic value. I have taken several trips with it and consistently get 37-38 MPG. It is easy to drive, has plenty of passing power and is comfortable and reliable. The exterior design is very stylish and I find the interior to be both attractive and functional. My wife is the primary driver and she loves the car too. You can nit-pick this vehicle apart, if you choose to do so, but, for the price, I think it's an incredible value. Not a bad warranty either (lifetime)

My wife and I explored several models in this class, including the Hyundai Sonata, Toyota Camry etc., and we kept coming back to the Sebring. We really liked the body style and the nice Chrysler emblem adornments. Motor noise? I don't agree at all and my hearing is fine.

If improving this car means jacking the price up then leave it alone! This car, in my opinion, is a terrific value for the money. I would buy it again. I have a 1999 Dodge with an expensive factory Infinity sound system in it and the standard stereo in the Sebring is far better.