Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Excellent value!
By Sharlene MacLaren

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Sebring Convertible. I drove a 2000 Sebring jxi for 8 years and loved it so much I knew I had to have another one. I have since purchased the 2008 and love it even more! The style and feel of this car is wonderful. When I'm behind the wheel I feel like a queen. (teehee) Seriously, this is such a great car for the price and in my opinion THE best 4-passenger convertible on the road! I love the power and surge of the V6. Will never go back to a 4-cylinder. And the radio? Hmm - to die for! Notice I didn't talk about the mechanics/engine/gas mileage. Don't care. The car is AMAZING! Just trust me on this.

style, heated seats, comfort, leather interior, overall luxurious feel, smooth, exceptionally quiet ride. This is a great improvement over the 2000 Sebring Convertible, which I felt had a few rattles.

Best 4 pass Convertible period
By Gazman

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

in any fair comparison this is the best 4 passenger convertible. interesting some reviewers didn't realize that holding the up button past the roof up will automatically raise all 4 windows. some compared the 2.7 to the Mustang time was better with the 3.5 so they were probably afraid to do a real comparison.

Hard top, Mygig,

20" mags

Gas sipper
By Mike

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car (LX Convertible; 2.4 L 4 cyl) for 3 months. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a vehicle this heavy. Maybe a little under-powered; acceleration isn't the best, but once I'm on the open road on a long highway trip, if I set the cruise around 67 mph, I can count on getting 32 mpg or more...I've been as high as 36.5 mpg. I traded my 2002 Sebring Convertible GTC (2.7 L, 6 cyl) in for this one -- the GTC was a lot lower to the ground and more stable, a little more sporty, the LX handles more like a sedan. It's a little top- heavy. Still a cool car though.

Nice Car, Nice Price
By Tony

2008 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 4 door, limited, 4 cylinder a little over a year ago. I was surprised at all the bells and whistles I got for the price I paid. The engine does fine, no thrills but lets face it, how much power do you really need to get around town? I completely disagree with the terrible reviews it gets from various editors. The car is a great value and delivers more than many of its competitors. I was looking at Fusions and Altimas, the Sebring was far ahead in almost every trait. Exterior design is sharp; it looks like a much more expensive car.

Two-tone leather seats, "tortoise shell" accents in interior, automatic climate control, great sound system and smooth ride.

Seats could be more comfortable.

Would not recommend!
By jo_ann81

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I liked the looks - unfortunately I didn't do my research ahead of time. This car has some very strange 'quirks' that the mechanics have no explanation for. The transmission shifts very hard sometimes and sometimes the car sputters and almost dies as it's shifting between 1st and 2nd (automatic transmission). I could deal with this problem, but for about a year now sometimes the car will just not start. I'll turn the key and nothing happens, then take the key out and try again and it starts right up (usually). Dealer can not figure out the problem. So far it always starts eventually, but makes me a nervous wreck! We'll be trading this one in very soon!

exterior design, fuel economy (over 30 mpg hwy)

fix issues with car dying, sputtering or not starting