Used 2008 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Best car I've owned
By sebringdriver

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

It's been nearly a year since I've purchased this car in 2013, and I've had so much fun with it.
The design is truly classic, and although nearly six years old, it still looks very current compared to other cars of it's age.
I'm a tall guy- 6'7" and I fit with no complaints.
I've even ridden in the back seat and was still comfortable, although the top was down at the time.
The overall maintenance is very affordable, (knock on wood)
I haven't had to do anything that wasn't routine.
My one minor complaint about the car is the interior finishes, it appears Chrysler skimped on the quality, although it is still nicely designed and has an easy button layout.
Overall the best car I've owned.

Year later still better than expected
By mhoffman2

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wrote review year ago. Now with 15000 more miles, still no problems.
Just washed and waxed,and vehicle with white paint still gleams like new. Now that sun is out, I dropped top, no problems. Paid $12000 for Touring model in Feb, 2009, now worth about the same price or possibly more. No regrets. May turn out to be one of better automobile purchases, even if it does suffer some future breakdown. For now,EVERYTHING is good.

Trunk disappears into trunk. Nice interior. Stereo is much better than average. Reliability (so far).

Put a Mercedes emblem on the hood and a Mercedes chassis underneath it. (by the way, just purchased and picked up in Germany a GLK 350) Now I can really compare apples and oranges. Maybe they both taste like chicken.

Great car
By idav

2008 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have the car for 2.5 years now and so far it does what it supposed to be , a fun car with more interior room then almost any convertible on the road. i dont understand why the car have bad reviews, you cant compare it to Mercedes or BMW but i can buy two of them compare with their price.
currently 43,00O miles and done only regular service.

Too much hard plastic inside.

I like the car
By Ed

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think the Sebring gets a bad rap. I am a salesman so my car is my office. The car handles nicely in rain, snow, or dry highway and I get 36 plus mpg on the Interstate doing 68 mph. The 4 cylinder is all the power I need. The only problems have been the radio (replaced twice) and the turn signal assembly had to be replaced. I put OEM Chrysler 300 17" Chrome wheels and a chrome grill on which really dressed up the car. Currently with over 65,000 miles, I'd recommend it.

Gas mileage, room in car and trunk, fold down rear seat.

Less plastic in interior, standard on/off lighting, standard rear disk brakes

3.5L V6 Hardtop Convertible
By Chris

2008 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Black with platinum wheels and trim, the car sure looks classy. Put synthetic oil and premium gasoline in it, and she flies, too. Sadly, only 20 mpg in the city. What I thought was flimsy building (the grunts and groans quite a bit), I realized is just how the car is sprung. Once you drive it a while, it can really perform for you. All the things they say about the interior are true, and it would have been an easy fix because its really comfy in there, actually. Also, windshield top is a little low for tall people. Classy rig. Ladies in Palm Springs love it.

3.5L V6 Nice leather Great Stereo ( Boston A.)

Karmann top a little clunky Tiny bit soft around the corners