Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Good Car For The Price
By Patrick

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All I can say is, "So far, so good!" I purchased my Sebring used with about 69,000 miles on it and I can say that I have had no problems with it. Shifts well, great gas mileage (I have actually calculated it consistently at 32 mpg on the highway), and very sporty styling. The 4 cylinder does feel a little underpowered... I wish I had the six after driving for awhile. I would sacrifice some fuel economy for a little more horsepower. Not a lot of fluff. If you need a large passenger compartment, but want some fuel economy this is a good car to consider. I'm happy with it overall.

I like the fact that the passenger area is LARGE! Comfortably fit 4 adults in the car. Nice wide doors for easy access. Clean, uncluttered dash with simple controls. Excellent sound system! Large trunk, and the rear seats fold for extra length.

Gas tank is a little too small. Even though I get good mileage, I'm always at the pump. Back seats are uncomfortable and not conducive to long trips. Front cup holders are very awkward (under the dash), and small, also they don't accommodate regular coffee cups like my minivan... a nice feature.

Decent Car
By NDB

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for roughly two years and haven't had a single problem with it.

More solid interior than other affordable sedan. Good road visibility.

Improve quality of material on back-of- seat pockets.

Very nice reliable family car
By C,Faith

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had my sebring for 2 and a half years now put many many miles on it and it still runs and sounds new! The head room is a issue for tall people,well actually im only 5'7 and i bang my head alot on the roof,so that maybe a good thing to consider. Odomotor lights are green if maybe they made it abit more sporty it would be perfect. The seats in the back are not the greatest but hey thier seats,right? Over all love the car,safe and reliable

My add ons to the car...and the interior was black and silver very nice looking and sporty too.

more head room for driver and passenger in front.needs more comfortable seats. change the odomotors lighting color,rather than green to a deep blue or something.

Frustrated
By DisappointedTX

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 3 years and have had nothing but problems. I guess I should have expected it when the gear shift kept locking up on me. Since I have gotten the car I have spent almost 2000 on repairs. First it was the gear shift(under warranty), then some other part I can't remember right after the warranty expired, then the transmission(under warranty) and censors($500), then there was a leak that..turns out it was the gas tank ($900). Very noisy, I also had the brakes replaced but the car still makes alot of noise. Its so frustrating because I cant depend on my car. Looking for a new car...going to trade it in I have had enough.

None

Longer warranty, more quality parts in your car. Make a car that doesn't fall apart soon after the warranty expires.

Fun car to own and drive
By sebr06

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Sebring two years ago when it had 15,000 miles and it was about 1 year old. It has been a very good car and is a lot of fun to drive. The fuel economy is very good, 30 mpg on highway, 25 in city. Good looking car, good sound system, Excellent cruiser car, large truck, good vacation car and weekend car.

With the top down its as much fun as any high price convertible.

The 2.7 engine is good but it would be nice to have a 3.0 or 3.5 which would make it faster but then again it the GPM would not be as good.