Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Would get another one
By sparkie2999

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 21,000 on it and it now has 83,000. It is going in tomorrow for the first major maintenance. Only changed the oil for the past 62,000 miles. Recommended.

Please move those darn cup holders

Fun Vehicle
By Petey

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 11 cars before this Sebring Touring Convertible, and I by far enjoy this the most. My last vehicle was a 2000 Sebring JXi, that ran perfectly, but was a tad under- powered. The 2.7 liter engine corrects that issue, and returns better mileage (22-27 mpg for me). The car does nothing perfectly, but also nothing horribly. This is why rental fleets had so many. The car is easy to drive, feels solid, and controls are easy to reach and intuitive. There are abundant standard features, like lighted visor mirrors, ample storage, power everything, roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, suede leather seats, etc. The cabin is tight and quiet closed, and the top and windows drop in 9 seconds flat.

Suede seats breathe and smell great. Lined top is quiet and tight w/heated glass rear window, plenty of room for 4 passengers. (4 cup holders!) Full sized spare, and normal tires that don't cost an arm and leg to replace. Radio controls BEHIND the wheel where fingers intuitively press.

Better quality control, sloppy body seams, and some hardware misfits as well as windshield optically distorted.

Gorgeous Car
By katie1nel

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Sebring! I've had her for over 2 years now and have never had any trouble with her. The interior is roomy, I'm 5'10" tall and have no problems hitting my head. It came with Eagle LS tires and I switched to Michelin Destiny. It reduced the road noise dramatically! Truck is nice and big, the back seat is roomy and I like having the option to put the seat down in the back. I get compliments on my car all the time! Glad I got the 2006 model, the 2007 and later model isn't all that attractive to me. Thrilled with it!!

Exterior, driving stability, gas mileage.

The only thing I would change is the cup holder location in front.

Good Car For The Price
By Patrick

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All I can say is, "So far, so good!" I purchased my Sebring used with about 69,000 miles on it and I can say that I have had no problems with it. Shifts well, great gas mileage (I have actually calculated it consistently at 32 mpg on the highway), and very sporty styling. The 4 cylinder does feel a little underpowered... I wish I had the six after driving for awhile. I would sacrifice some fuel economy for a little more horsepower. Not a lot of fluff. If you need a large passenger compartment, but want some fuel economy this is a good car to consider. I'm happy with it overall.

I like the fact that the passenger area is LARGE! Comfortably fit 4 adults in the car. Nice wide doors for easy access. Clean, uncluttered dash with simple controls. Excellent sound system! Large trunk, and the rear seats fold for extra length.

Gas tank is a little too small. Even though I get good mileage, I'm always at the pump. Back seats are uncomfortable and not conducive to long trips. Front cup holders are very awkward (under the dash), and small, also they don't accommodate regular coffee cups like my minivan... a nice feature.

Decent Car
By NDB

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven this car for roughly two years and haven't had a single problem with it.

More solid interior than other affordable sedan. Good road visibility.

Improve quality of material on back-of- seat pockets.