Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

A great choice
By nickey2006

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Even though I just got this car about a weeks ago I love this car. Even though I am a Ford girl I do have to say I am glad I bought this car it drives great, it turns way awesome, the radio system is great, and all around its just great!

the big trunk lol

nothing at the moment

Fun Little Car - doesn't break the bank
By Chris

2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car!I come from a passion for sports cars, but have learned that cars are a necessary waste of money-so the Sebring Vert is my compromise. It's fun to drive, relatively safe, and thieves don't want it. The car was 6 months old when I bought it with very low mileage - and certified; for about half the cost of a new one. This was a secret I found out early on, and I am glad I did; why throw money out the window? Cars really are a bad investment, but I don't feel guilty about this one. Its not a BMW or Mercedes, but it gets the job done nicely without sacrificing the fun factor or the family factor. I don't drive much or very far so mpg on mine isn't reliable for comparison.

The convertible top! It has a nice sized trunk and is quite roomy. The used market value for the buyer is quite advantageous.

I have had problems with the trunk latch many times over, fortunately it was covered under warranty. However, if the latch breaks, the dash indicator does not turn off even when the car is off, and eventually drains the battery - in only a matter of 12 hours.

Would get another one
By sparkie2999

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 21,000 on it and it now has 83,000. It is going in tomorrow for the first major maintenance. Only changed the oil for the past 62,000 miles. Recommended.

Please move those darn cup holders

Fun Vehicle
By Petey

2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 11 cars before this Sebring Touring Convertible, and I by far enjoy this the most. My last vehicle was a 2000 Sebring JXi, that ran perfectly, but was a tad under- powered. The 2.7 liter engine corrects that issue, and returns better mileage (22-27 mpg for me). The car does nothing perfectly, but also nothing horribly. This is why rental fleets had so many. The car is easy to drive, feels solid, and controls are easy to reach and intuitive. There are abundant standard features, like lighted visor mirrors, ample storage, power everything, roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, suede leather seats, etc. The cabin is tight and quiet closed, and the top and windows drop in 9 seconds flat.

Suede seats breathe and smell great. Lined top is quiet and tight w/heated glass rear window, plenty of room for 4 passengers. (4 cup holders!) Full sized spare, and normal tires that don't cost an arm and leg to replace. Radio controls BEHIND the wheel where fingers intuitively press.

Better quality control, sloppy body seams, and some hardware misfits as well as windshield optically distorted.

Gorgeous Car
By katie1nel

2006 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Sebring! I've had her for over 2 years now and have never had any trouble with her. The interior is roomy, I'm 5'10" tall and have no problems hitting my head. It came with Eagle LS tires and I switched to Michelin Destiny. It reduced the road noise dramatically! Truck is nice and big, the back seat is roomy and I like having the option to put the seat down in the back. I get compliments on my car all the time! Glad I got the 2006 model, the 2007 and later model isn't all that attractive to me. Thrilled with it!!

Exterior, driving stability, gas mileage.

The only thing I would change is the cup holder location in front.