Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Gremlins
By Angela

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Sebring started with driving down the road or just sitting in the parking lot, would start honking and the police were called because of the noise it was causing at my house in the drive way at 2am. Took it in 6 times before the problem was fixed. Never got an answer to what caused it. It made wierd noises everytime I turned it off. The inside lights would dim and brighten by themselves. Until finally the motor froze up and stopped. The repair man AND the insurance company told me that vehicle is one of the worst of that year. I probably will never buy another Chrysler.

Best car I have ever owned
By jcuel

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2005 Sebring Limited since 2008 and its been the best car.
I bought the extended warranty but never used it once.
The only thing I had to do on it was the back end work which was costly and a heat shield fix.
I sometimes think I would like to get a new car but I think why when its been so good to me.
The leather seats are comfy and get better with age.
To be honest I was shocked by the bad reviews, maybe its because I have the limited but I haven't even had to replace the brakes yet and I have driven 50K on it over the past 4 years.

seat comfort, reliability, style, roomy interior.

Chrysler Sebrings: The rich people's car.
By jen_love

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have 2005, when I first got it I was so happy. It feels luxurious. I thought it was the closest thing to a fancy car I was going to get being a student and low income. It has been nothing but a nightmare. To replace the battery, you have to remove the front wheel. To replace spark plugs you have to remove the upper plenum and intake. I haven't even gotten into whatever else I will have to do. But let me say, it is expensive to do the smallest thing with this car and I am poor! If you have money to drop 100, 200, 300 for every little thing - this is the car for you. If not, then don't buy it. I know I wish I never had.

Sunroof.

Chrysler, how about putting the engine in the middle of the car so there is room for people to work on it. Or try putting the battery under the hood where every other car company puts it. Chrysler purposely designs car this way so you have no choice but to take it to a mechanic or dealer. But what happens when you can't afford that? Then you bought yourself one big heartache.

Engine light on , Engine or electrical Problems
By bingonut15

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had so many problems with this since I bought it 2007 used from a Dealer that I thought I coud trust but I was wrong. He sold me a lemon. Bought hub bearings three times, struts, tie rods, crankshaft, crankshaft sensors, camshaft sensors and much more. Two weeks ago, I was have problems when I drove the car home the check engine came on and the car was jerking when I got up to 60 miles per hour. I went to Advance auto',test it out and they said needed a camshaft, so I bought it .installed it ,was still jerking. Then I took it to Midas to test it and it was the crankshaft sensor,got one, installed it still jerking. Brought to Chrysler test it, said Powertrain Module and

Distrution Center. My husband told Chrysler Garage to check the cable to the battery because it sliced a liitle a getting hot. They didn't check it so we out and bought another cable, installed it and the car still is jerking when going more than 60 miles per hour and starting out(you have to gradually go slow at first). Plus we checked all the wires going to the Distribution center and checked all the fuses. Does anyone have the same problem and what did you do? I bought a powertrain module but they told me to take it back.

Great car for awhile
By Brandy

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Sebring used in 2007. Only problems until now were with rotors needing turning often and the rear spoiler coming off. Recently the front crank seal blew out causing a severe oil leak. Had it fixed and it happened again within minutes. Discovered that there is a problem with this motor having crank shaft end play which causes the front crank seal to come out. There is a bulletin on this problem, but no recall. Currently awaiting Chrysler's response to see if they will take any responsibility since this is obviously a manufacturer defect since it has happened to so many of the 2005 motors.

Nice exterior and comfortable interior.

Issue recall if there is a known defect with the motor!