Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Beware of front driver side collision
By starcrestsa

2005 Chrysler Sebring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in an accident where the front driver's side was impacted. Thankfully, the driver was safe. Although this was at a low speed, the impact was strong enough to smash the battery. Due to it's location, the battery acid made contact with computers, electrical & mechanical parts. Needless to say, it was considered totaled even though the damage did not appear as drastic on the outside. There was other structural/frame damage as well.

Loved the style and the size of the car. Good to fair mpg. May get a newer model if battery location has changed.

Interior of the cabin is not so quiet. Could use some sound proofing.

I'm a Sucker
By you got to be kiddin

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The day I brought it home the computer board was shot and had to bring it back next day. Since then nothing but trouble. Car came back with scratches all over the dash and again had to be replaced. I have since paid for two sensors to be replaced had two seals and two belts replaced still not working had it done again and is now sitting in a pubble of oil outside my work. I have had to replace brakes twice new tires and makes a constant noise I only have 39,000 miles on the car. Worst day ever the day I brought home this piece of crap. Too low to the ground, noisy and unreliable. Even the sun roof leaks.

None

Where do I begin

Ok for a first car
By tom

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car for 5 years in december and its been ok not the best car ive ever owned. The first thing that happened when i got this car wa the a/c was dumping water into the back seat! covered under warranty. Then i got into a wreck not that long ago and busted her up pretty good but the airbag should have deployed but didnt due to a sensor failure. The repair work was good but ever since car has more road noise from the back door. The engine has good power but my radiator hose has a leak and the car over heated and sent smoke into the passenger compartment! So far ive put at least $8000(including the accient) into this car. The accident alone was $6000. But a good car over all.

I like the leather interior. Gas mileage is pretty good and trunk space is great!

The wheel shakes violently when i brake. Better quality my dad calls it the modern k-car!

Extremely Satisfied
By Mike

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got a very good deal on it. Love the drive. Very fuel effficient. No problems with it

Very smooth drive

Raise front bumper. It scrapes on my driveway if going too fast

bought this car cheap
By Tony

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with 56,000 miles @$6500.00. I wont say as this car hasn't proven reliability but it is a decent car. For the price I paid for the car as I am going to use it to drive back and forth to college should do ok. The car shimmys at 45 mph and i just put on new tires, done a 4 wheel alignment. My recommendations since Chrysler has had a reputation (bad) for the 2.7 liter v6 is to use full synthetic oil. This is my first convertible ever and I do like driving with the top down.

convertible

Chrysler stereo systems with better sound. build quality but i hear the 2008-2009 sebring conv. is much worse.