Used 2003 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Mopar Or No Car....?
By brycmtthw

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first car. I was looking for a Chrysler or a Dodge car, full or mid size (wouldn't consider a Neon..).(Yes I know its a Mitsubishi) I had looked at Concorde, Intrepid, 300M, Sebring Sedan and a couple of the coupes. I ultimately settled on the coupe. The 2.5G is the best looking IMHO. Modern, and cleaner looking than before. The 3.0 Mitsubishi engine and the AUTO are excellent! The interior is comfortable, the Infinity stereo is awesome! But the dash, they are known for warping in the defrost area. but for the price and the mileage on the car, it was a steal! Beware that 91 octane fuel is recommended! other wise I love my Sebring!

Quad beam head lights of the 2003-2005. Sunroof. Infinity Stereo with the 4disc changer and the steering wheel controls. 3.0 engine. The amber rear turn signals, I appreciate this and won't consider another car with out them! The solid feel of all the switches, buttons, and stalks. Impressive!

Build quality; mainly the dashboard. Better quality catalytic converters. A better center speaker in the dash.

Love my LX
By kaci2

2003 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm an original owner of 2003 Sebring LX.
I've got 200k miles on it, the only major repair I had was when I had to replace the water pump last year & by choice had the trans replaced right before the warranty expired. Other than normal wear & tear(brakes/plugs,etc) I have all original parts on the car...including the exhaust system.
Maybe I just got lucky, but I love my 4-banger! :)

Never Again
By luckypilot

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

As a family we have owned our Sebring since new. It was one of those cars that would never fail for anything. Recently (within the past 6 months) if one thing has gone wrong everything has. Transmission, Cats, Head gasket, intake manifold gaskets. After nothing but Chryslers in our family since 1992, I am currently looking to buy something from another brand.

Good, and Reliable
By tman24

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a year and a half. The previous owners treated it like crap, as in the oil looked like it had never been changed and the brakes ate the rotors, and there were cigarette burns in the seats. I got it for 3500 in 2009. I cleaned it out, changed the oil and brakes. Since then i haven't had any problems(short of vandalism) with the car. I bought it with 54k on it. It now has 75k and it feels better actually. You cant even feel the engine running, and shifts are smooth. I do all my own maintenance so i now know the car like the back of my hand. I feel the engine will last me at least 200k(my grandma sold hers with no problems at 150k).

V6,easy wiring layout(installed dvd player, and python security system), reliable engine. slim look, sun roof.

thicker fiberglass bumbers(not to sturdy, but ok), make battery easily accessible, don't put the engine in sideways!!.

First Convertible
By kketchum

2003 Chrysler Sebring LXi FFV 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from my dad, who luckily for me, kept it very clean and up to date on all of it's scheduled maintenance.
It's been a great first convertible to own.
I plan on driving it until it doesn't run anymore, which will probably quite some time from now.
The leather interior, heated seats, 6 disc changer make it hard for me to find another convertible with the same features for the value that I've gotten with this car.
Plus, I get lots of attention in it when the top is down - someone always needs directions! :)

I love that I can transport multiple people. It's one of the few convertibles that actually has a comfortable back seat for two and three if we must cram. The infinity sound system that it came with is also very nice for being factory issued.

On a few occasions when things have gone wrong under the hood it cost more in labor because of where the thermostat was located. They had to take everything out just to get to that small piece. I'm also a little disappointed with the shocks or struts now. It seems that I've completely worn them out. Could be the 405 and the crazy roads here in LA, but now it seems like the whole carriage goes up and down when I go over a speed bump or dip in the road.