Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

nothing but problems
By Andy

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Although the car is fun to drive when everything is right, it has rarely been right for any extended period of time. The first three years we had 3 starter changes, one computer change, and various other engine problems. It died on us 3 times. After that a series of repairs were needed because various parts of the undercarriage support kept breaking. It felt like an old clunker. Even the new struts we bought were defective. Would strongly recommend that anyone buying a Sebring plan on also buying an extended warranty.

Smooth driving when all is well. Nice styling.

Make a more reliable, stronger car.

Great Car
By Scott

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We love our Sebring! I am 6'4" and fit in it with lots of room and the baby seat for my daughter has plenty of room in the back as well. It handles good and has a great sound system. The 6 has good power and it has a smooth ride.

Sound system

Better gas mileage

Good Value
By SeebSedan

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

In April of 2005 I bought a used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX. I was coming from a 2000 Neon that suffered a lot of road and engine noise. Needless to say I was more than impressed with the 2.7L V6 and adequate interior space. Like others I think the dash design is a little dated but the fit and finish is nice. The front seats are wide and supportive. So far no mechanical problems, however the engine must be revved to about 5500 rpms to get any notable acceleration. Once and a while when the headlights or driving lights are on, and I turn on the turn signal the interior lights blink on and off - has anyone else had this problem?

VALUE - Aggressive exterior nose styling, sleek body lines, roomy interior, attractive gauges, ride comfort.

Different dash design, sits a little too low compared to other midsize sedans which leads you to feel dwarfed next to a Camry or Accord (Eventhough the dimensions say otherwise.)

My first family car!
By Staci A

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used and I LOVE it. We have a 2 year old in a car seat and a baby on the way, so we needed a car with plenty of room. It's got enough room in the back seat for adults to be comfortable even if front seats are pushed all the way back. I looked into foreign make cars, but ones this price range were so tiny. I get lots of compliments because even though this is our family car, it looks really nice. My dad has this car too (and he's a tough sell). The less-than- great gas mileage doesn't bother me since I work, go to church and my daughter's sitter are all within a 3 mile radius of my home.

When headlights are on, power window and lock buttons light up, keyless entry, BIG trunk, lots of interior room, for a 4-cylinder this car has plenty of pick-up.

Gas mileage isn't very good. It is noticeably better on the highway, but still is only about 25MPG max. City mileage is around 19 or 20. I'd like radio controls on the steering wheel and it would be nice if rainwater was cleared off the windows when I roll them down.

Verrry Disappointed
By Sad and Broke

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Car is a great car if you want to pay full price for limited life of the engine.The problem with this car is the unreliabilty issues with the 6.7 liter engine. I had the car checked by a Chrysler center the day before I left on vacation and the service department could find nothing wrong even though a service engine light had come on. 250 miles away from home, the engine light came back on and I was on the interstate on a Saturday with two small kids and nothing open. Rented a car for three days and another week while waiting on a part to come in.A year later at 74k miles just over warranty, the engine went. Repair shop said familiar story on these 6.7L engines. Cost $3,000 for new motor.

Exterior look, roomy inside.

Reliability improvements.