Used 2002 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Turns heads for cheap, but has it's downsides.
By man_on_wheelz

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is definitely a good buy! I have no regrets with this purchase. The car overall is a real head-turner. With the top down, children love staring at it as you drive by, and adults often give you the thumbs up or start conversation. So many people want to go for a ride in the car as so many people have never ridden in a convertible and with the comfort and space you can easily take 3 people with you on the ride. Trunk space is plenty for a convertible with the top down. And the top goes up and down in like 6 seconds or so quietly and easily. Unlike some cars you can even operate the top up to around 10 MPH. There is no roll over protection so... don't flip it! But it's got a nice low center of gravity anyway so chances of flipping are low. The aerodynamics in this thing is phenomenal! Driving over 70mph on a windy rainy day on the countryside was a breeze. You can hear when the wind hits the car but it stays the course very well. And I personally get a kick out of the sound of the wind getting sliced by the wipers as it wipes. With a good, tight top on the car (like new) the noise level with the top up is very minimal and similar to a standard hard body car. Warning though, when I got mine used, the back window on the top was separated from the cloth causing a leak in the back into the trunk. Chances are you'll need to replace the top. There's a site that can sell you one for around $500, that's where I got mine, and put it on myself. Took 2 people with no experience in convertible tops but we got it done and it looks great! Took us a whole day lol. One of my biggest complaints though is the electronics. The headlights are not very bright so I recommend getting one with working foglights. And also I'm having a fight with my headlight switch as it seems to now be tied to my foglights. Headlights turn on, foglights come with for no reason! I've gone through several switches and eventually each one either ties my headlights to the foglights, or fog lights stop working altogether. I'd rather it stay on all the time which is my current issue, I can live with this. Also my door locks sometimes don't lock/unlock with the key fob... other times it does. And there's a connector under the passenger seat tied to the airbag system that frequently lights my airbag light. I every so often have to get out and push it together to get it to turn off. This car has gremlins I swear. But still when everything is working fine its a great car I still recommend it greatly!

Depends !!!
By jack carli

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Its not a Mustang , -no way!! The COPS know this is not a hot rod!! I do not get tickets for speeding, love it !! This Sebring is not great at cornering , but its got a low center of gravity, great touring car ,, good for N.E.where I live. I can carry 4 people 5 medium size people, the ride is nice.The Sebring does get good -very good gas milage, surprising,, its a people car. Stereo works wonders, over all good for seniors, families, women, and students. Disadvantages :The car is heavy ,solid, good for safety in a wreck , however Joe Hot Rods needs to stay away from this one,,its a touring car , not the Indy 500 COP blow out turbo tornado. Also bad on repairs ---once over 100k,, you need to rebuild the car , all the way , use Nappa parts ,its a wise move. Chrysler does not make cars for long lasting , every Chrysler product gobbles parts , the convertible is some what better than the rest of the line, but expect to put $$$ in. Best bet, buy form a dealer with a warrantee or Joe Mechanic, that basically kept the car up. Happy touring .. oh the AC,,heating system is excellent ,even with the top down!

I just purchased my Sebring from a dealership auct
By Terry Higgins

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 5spd and I haven't seen too many more like it. I recently had a stage one clutch in it and I'm also going to put a hyper chip in it and possibly NOS. I've got over 200,000 miles on it but it drives like it's off the showroom floor. I have outrun brand new mustangs 5.0 & quite a few brand new trucks as well. And I haven't even put in my chip, or cold air intake. I don't think that I get anywhere near the estimated mpg on either. It is what it is... I've got a service soon light on and it lists all kinds of possibilities. It's all mainly oxygen sensors and other small thing's. I absolutely love my car. Can't wait until I'm done with it, just to see how fast a 3.0 can go..

Great car for less $$
By Joretta

2002 Chrysler Sebring LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is not luxury by any means but it will get you there!

See America from a convertable.
By Kelly

2002 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car when it was 3 years old with 30K miles. I've had it now 11 years and put 50K more miles on it. Extremely low maintenance. I would not be sceptical to head out on a nice long vacation in it, as is. Very enjoyable to own.