Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Best car I've ever owned (had many).
By Meyetch

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Sebring from a dealer as a "Program Car" with 18K miles on it and used it to cover a 9-State sales territory as a consultant until I retired from that a few years ago; hence the high miles. It is currently garaged and seldom driven. I've had zero problems from this car and intend to keep it forever.

It still has great styling that's been imitated by many others. The Mitsubishi DOHC MFI 4-cylinder is very reliable and has 150HP and 30MPG Hwy. The factory sound system is GREAT!

Great car for the money.

1 Owner 2001 Chrysler Sebring Review
By Victor Kaminski

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At around 85,000 miles I am generally happy with the car, the performance is good, no strange noises or anything like that in the 7 years I've owned it. I purchased the car as a left over in January 2002. My Gripe: I was misled about signing a disclosure that he was explained that the paint was not covered by warranty against chips & scratches. Duh... he replied that people sue over anything. Little did I know they used an experimental "environmentally friendly" paint,if I knew I wouldn't have signed. After about 3 years the clear coat started pulling up from the paint which made my black car have white blotches all over, the clear coat began falling off and I have no recourse. Deception

Interior and External design "look" of course until the paint began coming off. Also there is a short causing mirrors, clock/compass/temp readout stop working. Oh forgot to say I babied the car but drove it normally and the transmission blew around 30K miles but it was covered by warranty.

Shorter, plain english contract wording as used in real estate transactions when disclosing potential flaws in the product. Save the experiments for the test cars, the paint makes my car ugly.

Loved it but it was a lemon
By VirginiaD

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first convertible, and a great one at that. Power top was perfect and never had problems with it working. Replaced top seal when I purchased it ($800), replaced rotors (on all my Chryslers) every 20k miles. Brakes were not strong. Engine began to smoke at about 45k, and mechanics said it was a goner. NOT a good investment. Engine is a bad one (2.7L V6). Loved the car and top down driving and very comfortable, with all the nice options. Peppy to drive and smooth on hwy. Can't recommend because of engines and overall long-term quality issues.

Covertible top down. Comfort, great driving position (power seat, tilt, CD chgr/cass combo - Infinity sound system), leather interior, cup holders great!

Chrysler went out of business because they refused to improve quality. Class action law suits existed against Chryselr for the 2.7L V6 clogging up with oil, leaking oil, engines seizing up... These were best looking convertibles ever, with FWD! Oh well, no more.

What A Fun Cae
By T.S.

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this convertible for a fun summer car. Was able to get this well maintained from a private party in Fl. who always garaged the auto. Drove it 1,200 miles non stop returning to home. Is as comfortable as my '08 Cadillac CTS and I am 6' 200 lbs. Have enjoyed everything about it this summer without one squeak. My '06 Honda Pilot has two squeaks I can't fix. Another week or two to use before it gets stored for the winter. Absolutely love this car and I will keep it for many years.

Like the mid size, comfortable seats, great mileage 22-23 city and 28 on hiway. The styling is very nice and appeals to the eye.

Steer clear of the Sebring
By Matt

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently got my lisence last summer and this was my first car. At first glance you would say its a nice looking car but looks don't count for everything. When i got it, it has about 114,000 miles on it. The transmission had been replaced along with a power steering pump. I thought that this car would last me for a few years but after having the car for one day the fuel pump gave out. Shortly after the ac went bad along with the back two windows. When winter hit the car struggled to start and the thermostat went bad making it very difficult to drive. Also because of it's low power and heavy body, it made it slmost impossible to drive in the winter.

Comfort while driving and the overall look

Stop making junk Chrysler!