Used 2001 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Transmission
By basebalcch

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmissions are known to go after 80,000 miles. Of course they don't volunteer this information until it goes out. Unfortunately the extended warranty that was supposedly good until 2009 or 80,000 miles which ever came first wasn't good for anything. I was faced with a 3000 to 5000 dollar repair or leave the car sitting while I continue to make payments. Don't ever buy a pre-owned or used Chrysler SeBring. I am VERY Disapointed!

Fix it right so your customers don't become disappointed with things to come that are really not reasonable expectation.

Worst car I have ever had!
By Kimberly

2001 Chrysler Sebring LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My car only has 51,000 mi. on it and I have to replace the engine! There are more people that have had this problem as well! do not get this car! unless you enjoy putting $5,000 into your car just to have it die on you again.

put an engine in the car that works.

Perfect choice!!
By TopDownFun

2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had searched for quite a while looking for the right size convertible that would be used as a primary driver. The other brands did not have the room or options that the Sebring did. After the first test drive I was in love Almost coming up on two years now with 56K miles owning this car I have yet to have any maintainence problems. Or for that fact anything to complain about. It was the right choice for the right price. Thumbs up to Chrysler for a great product!!

The size of this car is perfect, you can easily seat four adults comfortably and I have done so for semi-lengthy drives and not one complaint. At the same time it's wonderful top down or top up to drive.

The only improvement I could suggest for this car is that instead of having a dual latch for the top, just have a one latch system. Other than that I have been greatly pleased!

Very Disappointed
By Debbie

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my car for a little over 2 1/2 years. Last summer Chrysler had to put a new engine in it. 3 months later the bushings had to be replaced. I'm lucky it was still under warranty. Now the car just won't start. I was stranded at the store, called AAA and had to leave it in the parking lot. Going to get rid of it asap. I have to get it running first. Bad thing is I still have another year to pay on it. I will not purchase another Chrysler.

It was a convertible.

Make it dependable.

My frost white Sebring
By Heartsease

2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased "Brina" (Sabrina Sebring) in 2000 when she had just hit the lot. She was and is beautiful. Five years later I still get compliments about her sleek look. Her sound system is without equal. Most important, she drives like a dream. She is not my first Chrysler-I thought the LeBaron I had was great. This is better. And she has required nothing but periodic maintenance. A great choice!

I am not tall so the fully adjustable, automatic, driver's seat is great! So is the sound system.

A seatbelt that did not chafe my "short person" neck would be helpful.