Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Great First Car for Teens!
By Kaylee

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

My dad bought me this car as my first, and it's been great. I've learned a lot about cars by owning it, with the typical breaks here and there (Such as coolant plugs going out, probably due to un-adult driving before me. The window motor broke, and was fairly easy to replace with my dads help.) The car has really has taken a beating, and still remains reliable and loyal. Even when I got into a fender bender, the car still ran wonderfully, and didn't have any mechanical damage when hit on the drivers front fender at 20MPH. The parts were easy to find. It's a fun, fairly safe car, and great for a first car.

Electric convertible top, the "get up and go" when accelerating onto the highway, very comfortable bucket seats, sleek, long design. Infinity sound is wonderful, even with the top down.

Only two cup holders, and can't hold american-sized drinks unless they're small, sometimes medium. Really low in the front, have to go slower in dips, gas mileage could be better. Takes awhile to heat in the winter, and air conditioner not made for Texas summers.

Best car I've owned
By Dennis

1998 Chrysler Sebring JX 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in 2000 with 30,000 miles on it. I have only done expected repairs (brakes, tires, battery, timing belt, oil changes) and one unexpected repair (starter motor at 60,000 mi.). I think the Mitsubishi V6 engine has a lot to do with the reliability. I get 24 mpg combined with I think is pretty good for a 10 year old car. This has been a trouble free car. It now has 144,000 mi and the engine makes a little bit of lifter noise. People complain of the squeaks, but I don't think it is any noisier than other convertibles I have owned.

Roomy enough for 4 adults. Beautiful styling. 16 valve DOHC is peppy enough. Convertible top goes down quickly.

Would be more fun to drive with a manual transmission. Driver's seat is uncomfortable on long rides.

JXI Limited Convt
By SparkDog74

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought the Limited model with the indiglo style dash, white faced gauges, and autostick. Love the car, gets attention you want and none that you don't. Two toned interior 2.5 is peppy not powerful. Chrome wheels are a nice touch, but expect the tires to be a little spendy. Just bought and putting it through its paces. Infinity sound systems is good, wish cd changer would read cd/rw formats. Looking for interior parts, I imagine they will be hard to find.

Indiglo style white face gauges, the all-chrome wheels and all over body style with the color combo!

Better interior, meaning more plush leather.

'98 Sebring Coupe
By Katsalumnus

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for more than nine years. I have only had normal wear and tear maintenance on it. I am a medium frame woman and the cockpit and placing of instrument panel is comfortable and useful.

Cockpit setup. Love the wheels! Always liked the stying on this car.

Sunroof mechanism and gasket.

Love my Car
By robby

1998 Chrysler Sebring LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 8 years ago, it was the style that attracted me. I liked the sporty look of the front cowl. I love the way it handles, the performance, the comfort. I have taken very good care of it and it has been a great car.

The style, I haven't bought a new car because I haven't seen anything else that interests me.

Ground clearance, gotta watch those curbs, sidewalks, parking bumpers and steep driveways, it will scrape.