Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Chrysler Sebring

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Disappointed
By isis12

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

My 1998 Sebring LXi had 95,000kms on it when I bought a few weeks ago and it has a V-6 2.5L engine, it also looks like new.

The exterior looks very sharp and sporty, it's fun to drive, and the interior also looks very sharp, with big buttons that are placed intelligently.

The seats in this car are very stiff and no matter how much the driver's seat is adjusted there is no comfy way to drive this car.
This car has terrible fuel economy because my sister who owns a Grand Am with a 3.1L gets less than 10L/100km in the city while my car gets 11L/100km on the highway and my car has a considerably smaller engine.
This car has already cost me $1000+ in repairs.
I would not recommend this car.

Just bought and LOVING it!!!
By takes2tutango

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

So, I have only owned my Sebring for 3 days now and I really don't have a lot to base reliability on as of yet but, I can say I am thrilled with this car more every time I open the door, start the engine and head out on the open road. I looked at numerous BMW's prior but, none came close to the comfort and features for the money. I needed something that my two kids could fit in as well and they thought every BMW we test drove felt too cramped. Now, I am not in any way saying that BMW isn't a great car but, for the money I am LOVING this Sebring. I will keep you informed as to whether I still love it in six months and then a year too. Right now she's got 123,000 miles and looks brand new.

Stereo is AWESOME and I am getting better than 28 mpg when staying below 75 on the freeway. Plus the gold exterior on tan leather interior looks like a wonderful glass of bubbly. :)

Fun and Reliable
By oldschooldevil

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this car as a second car and I ended up falling in love with this car. It looks, drives, and feels very modern for a 12 year old car. There are some things that are starting to fail (radio, door locks what do you expect with a 12 year old car?) Other than that the engine runs great and the car over all is very solid and reliable. When this car finally gives out I'm considering buying a new Sebring cause this one is so solid. But for now I will continue to take care of this car and I'm sure that it will continue to be the best car I have ever had!

Stereo system, Power everything, everything but cup holders

Cup holders in a really bad spot, transmission a little grabby

Fun and Comfortable
By oldschooldevil

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car about a year ago and it has been a great car. I bought it from a guy and he sold it for $800. NOTHING is wrong (surprise, surprise) It is a lot of fun to drive and it looks great even with the top up or down. This car is very dependable and it has even made me think about getting a new Sebring when this one finally gives out. And that I highly doubt! For a 12 year old car, it is highly modern inside and out. I love the stock sound system and the way it drives. I will continue to take good car of it and I'm sure it will take good care of me. Greatest investment yet.

Sound system and looks of the car.

Turning radius!

My First Car
By Joey_R

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I bought my Sebring as my first car. I bought it with 150,000 miles on it and it runs great. Besides a replacing the control arm and flex pipe, the car has been amazing.

infinity sound system, moon roof, body style

better rims