Used 1996 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Original Owner

LegalEagle, 06/04/2004
JXi 2dr Convertible

I am the original owner and took care of it since day 1. Problems with brakes needing replaced every three months or so after 36,000. Has over 105,000 and am now having problems ... distributor needs replaced, tune up cost $600, did not pass emissions testin, engine idles rough, had to replace electonic circuit board because tach and odometer stopped working ($600 repair). Stereo shorts out. Parts are expensive but the car is fun to drive. I will be selling within the next 6 months and do not plan to buy another. Too expensive to maintain.

expensive to fix

iloveramey, 02/14/2006
JX 2dr Convertible

Every single part on this car is ridiculously expensive to replace. It has all of the drawbacks of a foreign car but none of the perks. The parts are expensive and it is difficult to work on, but it has the same lifespan as your typical domestic car. The good things about it are the handling and the appearance, its a beautiful car. The gas mileage is okay, nothing impressive. The Sebring is fun to drive but upkeep is very costly I have owned mine for less than 3 months but I've already had to make over $600 in repairs and that does not include labor.

I don't see the problems everyone has???

money1973, 12/11/2002
JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought my JXi w/ 74K miles on 11/01 and thought I would have the typical "Chrysler" problems. 13 months later has 89,300 and I couldn't be happier. It ALWAYS starts and never left me stranded. Temps can get to -15 in winter and the 2.5 V6 always starts instantly. The only repairs, new wheel bearings and tranny cooler lines. The valance on the bottom of the rear window has separated from the glass, but the it's only an appearance item so no water leaks. I do dread the $1300 100,000 mile tune up and timing belt change. I don't baby my cars and this JXi just keeps running. Could I have the only reliable Chrysler Sebring JXi ever built??!! LOL!

Bad car

teresa, 03/21/2008
JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this brand new put over 115,000 miles on it in 6 yrs before the engine caught fire. Not to mention right after warranty expired the AC froze up and tore up the serpentine belt rendering us helpless on Interstate in Arkansas..the LED readout for mileage went out in year 2 and the convertible leaked horribly from year 4.

Fun but not worth the trouble

Bob D, 07/30/2009
JXi 2dr Convertible

After reading other reviews it has become apparent to me that my experience with the Sebring is somewhat typical. In general, lots of things need tweaking and repairs are costly and frequent. 125k miles - replaced/repaired - panel cluster - many radio components - brakes through and through - fan assembly - soon to replace the rubbers that seat the spark plug tubes (rough idle - arcing) gotta remove the engine cover... we all know what that can cost. Lots of rust spots on the way. When I buy a used car the next time I will consult Edmunds first. Sebring - not again, but the car still remains a head turner. Too much invested to sell but worried what will go next.

12345...15