Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Just the Ticket for Mom
By momswagon

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 PT Cruiser wagon base model used with 15K miles on it. It had been used as a rental car. Very clean and still looked new. The engine light was on when I bought it, but it was all under warranty so I took it to the dealership and they fixed it right up. I added window tint later. It's been great around town for me,the kids and all of our stuff - we're a busy family and I really enjoy the roominess of the cargo area. For the dog, I can fold the back seats up for even more room. The only drawback is the surprising low gas mileage for the base engine, because it's not quick. We have to use the a/c all the time (which works great), so that's even more engine drag!

The aux jack for my iPod, great a/c, love the color, roomy interior, 3 cupholders in front, deep console storage, easy to drive and handle on most roads, easy to read dash, retro clock, factory stereo/CD is quite good, snug nose design is great, just the right size for city driving, kids love it.

Better gas mileage, base engine slow, don't pull out in front of anyone, surprisingly wide turn radius for a smallish vehicle, weird blind spot I have not experienced with all my other vehicles, you really have to be careful backing up, doesn't hold resale value well because there are so many...

Fun, fun, fun!
By Jeeta

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have always wanted a PT Cruiser, now I have one! I can't explain 'why' it is so much fun to drive, but it truely is. It is more than I expected. The exterior is beautiful, There is nothing I would change. It is comfortable and very roomy on the inside. I think the dash does not equal the rest of the car, its cheap looking. I'm planning on purchasing the wood dash kit (it sounds easy to install...we'll see). I did purchase 'the goddess' hood ornament and it always stops people in thier tracks, they love it. I love my cruiser, her name is Maxine.

It looks good. It drives very well, good sturdy feel. Nice leather seats. Lots of extras to purchase, to personalize your car.

Offer a better stereo system (like Bose). Better looking dash.

Cruiser--my first new car!!!!
By Elizabeth

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car! I love my car, although some people said it was an "old lady car." I bought it to celebrate graduation a year ago and the only thing that bugs me about the car is that it is not really comfy on road trips.

Console clock, removable rear seats, satellite radio

MORE COMFY SEATS!!!!!!! Make it a hybrid for less gas usage.

disappointed good lookin car
By rosa rector

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

i bought a2008 car in june 2008.i always wanted a pt cruiser,finally got one.beautiful looking car,hear lots of road noise on drivers side.taken car back to dealer several times,they say they cant hear anything.taken again was told this was normal ride for pt cruiser.front end out of align when got car,was told this was a normal ride for pt cruiser.sound like my window is down all the timeand i cant take my eyes off the road.very disappointing.was out of oil,oil light never came on.good thing is get good gas mileage.gas pedal now squeaks.wiil not buy another.my daughter refuses to drive because she is afraid of too many problems

beautiful brilliant black color,roomy,nice sound system-good to look at

i think the doors does not fit properly,or it was not inspected,or just a factory reject passed along

Looks nice, runs great, but
By aggie

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car runs great, handles well, nice and roomy. There is a squeaking noise going over bumps that sounds like it hasn't been lubed. I like it very much. It's versatle and fun to drive. Makes you want to get in it and go cruising except I can't because the headlights randomly flicker. This ranges from mild to severe with severe being when the dash lights flicker too and then they both blip out and then back on again. I've had it to two different dealers who can't find a thing wrong wth it so I guess it must be posessed. I wouldn't buy another one of these. I hope someone can finally fix it so I can enjoy it without worry.

The auxiliary jack. The power driver's seat.

I wish someone at Chrysler would tell me what good a factory warranty is if no one can diagnose and fix there cars.