Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

My Beatles-Mobile
By sgtpepper33

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for my sweet 16, and I love it! So fun to drive, a great starter car. Everyone told me that Pt Cruisers were for old people, but its surf blue color makes it very chic. Great to drive for long amounts of time and listen The Beatles in. :)

Color, classy dashboard, spaciness.

I've had some problems with my starter and my key battery dying and therefore my car won't start.

wife's PT
By big baby

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Wife's old Jag died and we wanted to replace it with a SUV/CUV. Found this PT on line with only 16K miles at $10.6K. Also it's the Touring model which includes a nicer interior and more standard content including nice alloys. I think it's a bit slow and I wish the gas mileage was better, but she's happy with it and so far it's been reliable. If the wife's happy everyone is happy.

Seems to have a lot of neat features for such an inexpensive vehicle: trip computer, power everything, cd, we like the dash displays. Lot of storage in a small package. Her edlerly mother loves the grab handle on the passenger side dash.

A bit more power, a bit better gas mileage (she's averaging 22 MPG with about 20% hwy). 5 or 6 speed transmission. Refresh the styling- this car has looked the same for 9 years, and since there are a gazzilion of them out there it's looking a bit old. I think the HHR looks a bit fresher.

Turbo? no way!
By Viviana

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first pt a brand new 2002, loved my car, had it for 7 years only two problems with it and we solved it fast,Now I have a new 2008 turbo and it has been at the dealership about 12 times, they cant find nothing wrong with it, they said its all normal, but it feels that you are riding on a tractor at the farm.gas milage is so poor,tire ligh on, the ratleling noise it makes, the squeaks andthe power seat handle broke off. Iam so upset that this pt is so sad!give me my 2002 back. Whats wrong with the people at the dealership?

roomy,the color (red)

check the turbo.

mondays car
By sandy

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 1st pt was a 2002 5 speed loved the car after 124,000 mi I felt I should get another. I have been to the dealer to many times. I bought a used 2008 with 12,000 mi. After 2 mo. And 3, ooo mi the car died on a 4 lane road. Alternator needed to be replaced. 2 moths later a wire came loose need to be replaced. Just picked it up from the dealership and now the speedometer is not working. Gotta go back again. I do not trust this car anymore. I loved the 2002. Hate this car. I am afraid to go on a long trip.

looks cool

noisy ruff ride

Just the Ticket for Mom
By momswagon

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 PT Cruiser wagon base model used with 15K miles on it. It had been used as a rental car. Very clean and still looked new. The engine light was on when I bought it, but it was all under warranty so I took it to the dealership and they fixed it right up. I added window tint later. It's been great around town for me,the kids and all of our stuff - we're a busy family and I really enjoy the roominess of the cargo area. For the dog, I can fold the back seats up for even more room. The only drawback is the surprising low gas mileage for the base engine, because it's not quick. We have to use the a/c all the time (which works great), so that's even more engine drag!

The aux jack for my iPod, great a/c, love the color, roomy interior, 3 cupholders in front, deep console storage, easy to drive and handle on most roads, easy to read dash, retro clock, factory stereo/CD is quite good, snug nose design is great, just the right size for city driving, kids love it.

Better gas mileage, base engine slow, don't pull out in front of anyone, surprisingly wide turn radius for a smallish vehicle, weird blind spot I have not experienced with all my other vehicles, you really have to be careful backing up, doesn't hold resale value well because there are so many...