Used 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Love it, love it, love it!
By pkkitty

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I both have a 2008 PT Cruiser. Mine is Cool Vanilla and his is Blue. Being retired we wanted something that was dependable and comfortable to drive. It is easy to get in and out of and I sit higher than my Chrysler LeBaron that I owned before. I just heard they are being discontinued this month and was hoping to purchase another PT Cruiser in 2012 but now that won't be happening. Sorry to hear this!

The overall look of the outside. Love the hatchback and the fold down seats and also that the back seats come out if needed.

How can you improve on perfection!

Why Do We Have Two Of These?
By Glen Miller

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

W.P. Chrysler Special Edition. Interior room less than 2002 model. Water pump and transmission solenoid block (machined casting) both replaced under warranty by dealership at No Charge. No gas mileage. No performance from 4 cylinder engine. My extended-cab pickup truck turns a tighter radius than these cars. The end cannot come too soon for these cars.

None

Start over

Buy best yet from chryler
By chrysler pt cruiser

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been buying Chrysler all my life yes since I could drive. My dad was a master mechanic. This car is my best all over yet. Riding and just home running, i am disabled and it really helps me with the lumber adj. In the seat on the driver's side, and have all electric is a big help too. The size I love is, brings me back too the 1970s. My only sad thing is that chryslers busy is going out the door. My place that I bought my cars for 30 years and fix them. Have no longer been able to keep what they had. Dont know all the notes but, this is a sad issue for me I don't want to buy any other vehicle. Bring back Chrysler.

My color of the car all around red. And the first ride.

Getting into the pt for the first time, an ah moment.

Smile time
By j meisenbach

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Wife picked this car out while driving by the dealership. Test drive was satisfactory, price was right, wife was right, traded my 97 Stratus ES. Overall, after a year, quite satisfactory. Bad fit on the doors, rowdy motor, so-so gas mileage, all disappear when the top goes down. Then its all grins (and compliments from bystanders).

Top-down time, of course. Excellent ride and handling. Motor quiets down after it is warmed up. Bad boy style.

Better gas mileage, but acceptable as is.

Excellent Value
By jbcrzn

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I understand that value has different meanings to different people, but the space utility, design, quality of vehicle, and comfort is unparalleled for the money. I bought mine slightly used (it has 1800 miles on it in the same model year) and I use it as my daily driver as well as for many of my family's long trips and it handles the interstate and in-town driving well. The seats fit me well, though, they are smaller than some, and there is plenty of leg and head room for my 6'2" frame. If I had to replace it tomorrow, I would try to replace it with another PT.

Cargo flexibility. I have used the cargo bay with many different seat configurations. We were able to easily fit a diaper changing table in the back with the seats tumbled forward. Flexibility is excellent.

I wish there was a little better gas mileage, but I will give that up for a better feeling vehicle, as it feels more solid to me than others.