Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Mileage could be better
By Atum

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my cruiser in May 2007 when I transferred form NYC to Ft Lauderdale after I had rented one for my interview and I loved the way it handled and the mileage wasn't bad but it was not as good as other cars of the same category which is a shame considering that this car is really cool looking and handles extremely well. I did not have to change brake pads until I hit 30000 miles in 2010 but then again changing brakes has a lot to do with ones driving not the pads themselves and that's considering I'm a bit of a speed demon :)

Retro look inside and out, Great CD sound, easy to maintain

Mileage would definitely be a good improvement on this car, otherwise it is a great buy!

It's got Giddyup
By VMP

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although the gas mileage is low, this snappy wagon has kick. It rapidly accelerates from a dead stop, something that is crucial in L.A. traffic. I have actually beaten a Porche in accelerating from a dead stop...my car was first to overtake the other..but then, of course, the Porche overtook me pretty soon thereafer, even though we both started at the same time. No joke or embellishment. I was astonished...and proud of my bulbous wagon: The Vanilla Bomber.

Snappy acceleration, fantastic cargo space (I can fit my road bike in w/out taking off front wheel).

Better mileage, better horn assembly (it's boxy and mine gets stuck until I manually pry it loose).

I Love This Car!!!
By Mike

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2006 Chrysler Sebring that was hit and totaled by a drunk driver. I needed a new car, so I decided on a PT Cruiser. I have the Touring Edition with a 5-speed manual, and I love it. Even though it has the 4-cylinder engine, it will get up and go fast. Love the space, and love the dashboard design. Gas mileage could be better, but that's more me than the car. I also love the color, Opal Metallic. Overall, the car is a great ride and versatile too!

Dashboard design, seat configurations, car color (opal metallic),

Gas mileage could be better, nicer wheel covers, nicer seat material

Second Time Not As Good
By Second time Around

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second PT. The first was an 02. Both were five speed and got surprisingly good mileage-22/28. While I like the keyless entry on the 07 but the reliability has not been as good as the 02: I have replaced the AC fan (28000), THE CLUTCH (29000), and the control arms (31000). When I traded the 02 in on the 07 it had 73000 miles and the only thing I replaced were wheel bearings. The 5 speed is fun to drive addition to providing better acceleration-a common complaint-and better mpg.

The inferno red color and the beautiful fit and finish.

Get rid of that tent canvas cloth on the seats. The only way to keep them looking good is shampooing them constantly. Keep offering the 5 speed.

Not too sure
By Kim S

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very upset with this purchase. Have only had a few months and my engine light is on. Today as I drove it, it started bucking, wouldn't go over 30 mph. I've read many reviews today about this being a common problem. (another site). The dealer can't get me in today, so I'm SOL. I am paying quite a bit for this car, and having it for such a short amount of time and this is wrong. Not happy.

Love the design of the car. The old style look outside as well as the dash. Comfy to ride in, too.

I'd say finding out why so many issues on a car that should not have this many.