Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later.
This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years.
We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan.
Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes.
My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up.
It has a power steering leak since new.
Fuel mileage is poor at best.
My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol.
My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years.
I like the styling and the removable seats.
I would not buy!

Removable seats. Styling. Body seems sturdy. Convertible top nice quality.

Too manyimprovments to list. Drivetrain too cheaply made. Maybe that's why they dropped them. In general, ask any mechanic-they won't recommend Chrysler products. I have owned my last one.

LOVE MY PT CONVERTIBLE
By curtpcadillac

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 PT Cruiser Convertible.
I've had it for 3 and 1/2 years and have put a little over 18,000 carefree miiles on it.
Well, the CD player has had a CD stuck in it since it was a month old and the front wheels love brake dust... but that was a homemade CD - so maybe it was our fault, and I don't mind cleaning the wheels (very easily done.)
The only bad thing about the car is the gas mileage.
My other car is a Lincoln Town car, and it averages around 14 MPG (in a very hilly area just outside of Pittsburgh, PA).
My PT with a 4 cyl only averages 17MPG.
I was thinking it was because I only drive it on such a limited basis (but after reading the reviews - I have discovered diff.)

My favorite features are its looks. Nobody elses convertible looks like it. We all tend to beep at one another (like older Bugs and Jeeps back when I was a kid in the seventies).

Less brake dust on the front wheels and better gas mileage

Buy it you'll like it
By even13

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 18K miles for my wife, she shops a lot and needed something to haul her "stuff" around, I have always liked the body style so it was an easy sell it now has 60k. I find that I enjoy driving the car it handles well, power isn't what you buy one of these for but it had enough to get my first ticket in 30 plus years, my other car is a 2001 mustang go figure, the PT is a great little car for the money fun to drive just wish the mileage was better. I get 23 to 25 mpg

Styling and versatility, price, interior styling the A/C vents are cool........

would like better mileage, if you want power try the turbo

Love it with 2 exceptions
By Wayne

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for looks and cheap transportation. Satisfied with looks and roominess, not with gas mileage. Averaged 27 on a 2100 mile trip, expected much better from a 4 cyl. Also, the horn sticks. Had it repaired while under warranty. Lasted about 3 months - still sticks. Reading other reviews, seems like a inherent problem, but I'll live with it. All things considered, yeah, I'd buy another one.

Exterior looks, roomy interior.

Better gas mileage. After all, it IS a 4 cylinder.

Absolutely Love It!
By Kathy

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one year now and still love it! All the past cars I drove were either Toyota or Honda. I suddenly needed a vehicle last year and was not prepared to spend much. I love the comfort of the interior seating and the car handles beautifully. Gas mileage 19-21 mpg, definitely limited power but I don't mind. Other posts are correct, the seats stain easily and the horn can stick. Rides more like an old fashion truck than a luxury vehicle. Loads of fun! I feel like I'm driving to the beach every time I'm in it.

Exterior Look Comfortable Seating Roomy Trunk Handles Well Old Fashion Interior Look Lighting both inside and out Convertible top raises/lowers fast

Improved Upholstery Horn needs improvement so it wont stick