Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

great 07 cruiser convertible
By vwcamperman

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car slightly used 4 years ago with 23k on it..It is fun to drive,and one of the most dependable cars ever owned.The vehicle has 70k miles now and minimal maint issues.Brake pads at 50k(Approx 40.00 bucks)
and cam sensor at 63k miles..( 39.00 dollar fix)Thats parts only..I do my own maint.Thats it other than a set of tires.We live in a climate with lots of snow and found this car to be unstoppable with studded snow tires on front..Yeah I know.You might be a redneck driving a convertible with studded tires in the winter.LOL.We chose this over the Beetle convertible because it has much better interior room,especially in the back seat where adults can sit comfortably

Styling,fun to drive,dependability

Softer seats..Get a bit hard after couple hour trip.I found fuel mileage jumps about 3-4 miles per gallon with 93 octane.Worth the extra.Went from 16 up to 19 city and up from 19.5 highway to 23 consistently.

Loved it when I bought it, nothing but problems now!
By telly89

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought my car I loved it I was very excited to own a new car. I have only had the car for about 3 years and now it over heats very easily, the check engine light will come on and it shutters, down shifts hard, and then sputters to a stop. the fan for the a/c doesn't work so the interior wont warm up in the winter now (or cool down in the summer) it has very poor gas mileage for a little car, I know it’s not a sports car but its gutless! I keep up on the regular maintenance (oil changes, transmission flushes, tire rotations) but can’t afford to fix all the other problems that it shouldn’t be having if I'm keeping up with regular maintenance! oh and the turning radius sucks!

When it didn't have this many problms it was very easy to drive/maneuver

Just make a more sturdy car! half of these problems happen when there is still warrenty on the car so its costing Chrysler alot of money and headache too!

The whole truth and nothing but...
By susieqt

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so here is the truth about my 2007 convertible pt cruiser base model black. I bought the car brand new in 2007 and just recently traded it for a Nissan Maxima ONLY because my family complained we needed more space. I loved the car and wish I could have kept it too! pros: fun, cute, no mechanical issues ever cons: not much room inside, bad on gas.. i did have a tear in my carpet which is odd it was barely driven... and my visor broke off one morning just simply opening it, guess the plastic was cold. For the price its an fantastic little car! I bought it at 27 years old and was so much fun. Now it was to hold my son and husband... just not enuff space.. but I will miss the "turtle"

The look was so cute and it was a very fun car to drive with the top down. Was always an attention getting and just made you love the sunshine on those nice spring sunny days!

Interior stained easily even from drips of water (rain from window etc) left marks.. Carpet wore easily as my car barely has 25,000 miles and a hole wore on the drivers side.. could take off a little faster too... thats how it got its nickname in my family aka "the turtle".. but it was a well loved turtle!

Reliable Transportation with Comfort
By chri

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car used in 2008 a Limited Auto-trans (drop down menu didn't have an auto choice) with 14000 miles on it. Moonroof. It never let me down or left me stranded. I just recently sold it last week with 40000 on it. This car ride is very pleasant. On long trips 200+ miles seats can be uncomfortable, but after a stretch you can continue. Flexible interior lay out allows you to haul lots of "stuff" and at times I have filled this car up with almost as enough stuff that I could fit in
a pick up. Fuel economy wasn't great, although with age seemed to get better, best I got was 25 mpg with tail wind, worst in city with lots of stop signs was 13.8 mpg.

Flexible interior, inexpensive transportation, moon roof, Trip computer.

Turning radius, fuel economy,

I will not buy Chrysler products anymore
By uncleralph

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

They might be a decent car when new, but will start to nickle and dime you later.
This could have been a great car if Chrysler had put some effort into making inprovements over the years.
We own a 06' convertible and a 07 touring sedan.
Everytime you turn around it seems you are replacing the front brakes.
My wifes 06' a/c went out at 60,000 miles. Comp. locked up.
It has a power steering leak since new.
Fuel mileage is poor at best.
My 07' has had the airbag light on for a year now. My a/c is acting up and will cause the car to jerk or load up at idol.
My radiator is starting to leak. I have heard they last 3-4 years.
I like the styling and the removable seats.
I would not buy!

Removable seats. Styling. Body seems sturdy. Convertible top nice quality.

Too manyimprovments to list. Drivetrain too cheaply made. Maybe that's why they dropped them. In general, ask any mechanic-they won't recommend Chrysler products. I have owned my last one.