Used 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Back For Seconds
By ptlover45

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an 02 PT base, 5spd, ac, non-turbo with 11K miles, drove it for 33K miles. Replaced wiper motor under warranty.
Traded it in on a new 07 PT base Auto. trans., ac, Sirius radio, non-turbo. Replaced camshaft positioning sensor under warranty.
Currently has 25k miles on it. Never added oil to either PT in 58K mile of driving. Gas mileage for both was 18 (city) and 35 ( highway)
Great retro styling and plenty of room. Excellent visibility in all directions.

Styling, ease of entry and egress, privacy glass, excellent heater and AC. Gas mileage is good for a truck and there is no oil consumption. Best small car Chrysler has made in the last 40 years!! Biggest mistake Chrysler made was stopping production after 2010 model year and 1.3 million units produced!! Reasonably priced, Very reliable. Redesign of the dash in 06 ( 07) with radio above the hvac controls is more convenient. Also gauges not recessed as deeply, cutting glare from sunlight. Cargo hooks for grocery bags and cargo cover are nice touches.

Original 01 design with teardrop headlight lenses and triangular fog lamps had more of a street rod look. Plastic headlight lenses fog over and need buffing out on all PTs. Original 01 interior with suede accents was classier than later cheap no-stain interior. Pointed front end styling creates a cramped engine compartment that is awkward to work in. Wider rear cargo compartment would accommodate golf clubs. Spare tire storage is awkward at best. Headlight bulbs are a bear to replace.

Biggest Mistake
By convertibe

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The PT Cruiser has been the biggest mistake I have ever driven.
Forced to drive it as a result of financial difficulties and automobile difficulties, I have been given the reigns(courtesy of a loving family member) to a car which I despise.
Let me give you a list of complaints.
The styling is horrible.
I wouldn't let a blind person drive this car.
It is the ugliest car I have ever seen.
Its handling is so porous so I believe I can outmaneuver the car with a large Uhaul truck.
The acceleration is pathetic.
I had a child zoom by me on their skateboard (and I had the gas pedal completely floored...kidding but...)
The car has been in the shop almost as much as it has been on the road.

It is better than walking.

Do not make this model of car. Bring back the Chrysler Crossfire. That was a high performing car with some style.

great 07 cruiser convertible
By vwcamperman

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car slightly used 4 years ago with 23k on it..It is fun to drive,and one of the most dependable cars ever owned.The vehicle has 70k miles now and minimal maint issues.Brake pads at 50k(Approx 40.00 bucks)
and cam sensor at 63k miles..( 39.00 dollar fix)Thats parts only..I do my own maint.Thats it other than a set of tires.We live in a climate with lots of snow and found this car to be unstoppable with studded snow tires on front..Yeah I know.You might be a redneck driving a convertible with studded tires in the winter.LOL.We chose this over the Beetle convertible because it has much better interior room,especially in the back seat where adults can sit comfortably

Styling,fun to drive,dependability

Softer seats..Get a bit hard after couple hour trip.I found fuel mileage jumps about 3-4 miles per gallon with 93 octane.Worth the extra.Went from 16 up to 19 city and up from 19.5 highway to 23 consistently.

Loved it when I bought it, nothing but problems now!
By telly89

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first bought my car I loved it I was very excited to own a new car. I have only had the car for about 3 years and now it over heats very easily, the check engine light will come on and it shutters, down shifts hard, and then sputters to a stop. the fan for the a/c doesn't work so the interior wont warm up in the winter now (or cool down in the summer) it has very poor gas mileage for a little car, I know it’s not a sports car but its gutless! I keep up on the regular maintenance (oil changes, transmission flushes, tire rotations) but can’t afford to fix all the other problems that it shouldn’t be having if I'm keeping up with regular maintenance! oh and the turning radius sucks!

When it didn't have this many problms it was very easy to drive/maneuver

Just make a more sturdy car! half of these problems happen when there is still warrenty on the car so its costing Chrysler alot of money and headache too!

The whole truth and nothing but...
By susieqt

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so here is the truth about my 2007 convertible pt cruiser base model black. I bought the car brand new in 2007 and just recently traded it for a Nissan Maxima ONLY because my family complained we needed more space. I loved the car and wish I could have kept it too! pros: fun, cute, no mechanical issues ever cons: not much room inside, bad on gas.. i did have a tear in my carpet which is odd it was barely driven... and my visor broke off one morning just simply opening it, guess the plastic was cold. For the price its an fantastic little car! I bought it at 27 years old and was so much fun. Now it was to hold my son and husband... just not enuff space.. but I will miss the "turtle"

The look was so cute and it was a very fun car to drive with the top down. Was always an attention getting and just made you love the sunshine on those nice spring sunny days!

Interior stained easily even from drips of water (rain from window etc) left marks.. Carpet wore easily as my car barely has 25,000 miles and a hole wore on the drivers side.. could take off a little faster too... thats how it got its nickname in my family aka "the turtle".. but it was a well loved turtle!