Used 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Wouldn't buy another PT
By Shelly

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my PT brand new, have had it in the shop for the A/C 4 times, took it in saying the car feels like it runs rough & they said it's fine. My extended warranty of course is over and the motor blew! This is the most unreliable car I have ever had. The customer service stinks with Chrysler. I wish I could get out of the car, but resale on these is so low I'm stuck with it.

Easy to maneuver around town.

Don't make the parts so cheap!

Parking Challenged
By Still Cruising

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Limited Turbo new. It was the styling that sold me. I love the roomy interior vs: the small exterior. Tall people don't do too well in the back seat however, (heads rub the roof). The original tires all went bad before 25K. Mechanically it has been sound. Has plenty of power for my needs. MPG could be better. Turning radius is wide so plan ahead, that's my only real beef right now. No issues as of 28K. Overall I have been happy with this car. Someday I may even calibrate the compass.

Compact but roomy.

A little challenging to park due to wide turning radius.

looks great, but
By michigan pt

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

wish the car rode better, mpg is very disapointing 20-22 city and highway. expected more on highway. purchased new and spent multiple times in shop for sensors. paid for bumper to bumper warranty. brakes seem bad since new and has always had weird steering shimmy-like bad rotors, was told there was no problem and they turned the rotors. thankful i bought the warranty 60 months/65000 miles. no out of pocket. learned my lesson with my LHS, which i miss, that was a great car.

style, it's the walter p. chrysler signature edition, sirius radio.

more horsepower, smoother ride, BETTER fuel economy. same mpg as much larger vehicles.

Fun Fun Fun
By texas cruisin

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just plain fun. I have always driven large SUV's because of kids, but loved the look of the PT Cruiser. I bought this one for a steal and I LOVE it. It is responsive. It makes me happy to drive it. It never fails. The positioning of the instruments have taken getting used to, but I think it all lends to the different kind of car you see from the out side. Fuel economy is a about 20 city 24 highway for me. The seats do stain very easily so I bought covers. I love driving this car.

Body styling...responsiveness...fun factor.

fabric for seating that resists stains

cool car
By cool car

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i purchased this car after renting one love the ride and power rentel had 42000 miles on it i bought this one brand new at first hated it it was bad on gas but after about 25000 miles it was like some one flipped a switch 24 mpg and car is driven by two different drivers would own another one curently have 50000 miles on it

interior a body style

seats maybe put better tires on from factory goodyear bites