Used 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 358 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

pleasant surprise
By kb5868

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 PT in 2007 with 11k miles as a 16th birthday gift for my daughter, with the plan it would get her through college and then "throw it away". Well, now at 50k miles and 7 years later, this has been the most trouble free car ever. The plan was to sell it and use the proceeds on a new car, but it still looks and drive as new, she still loves it and for the $5000-6000 it's worth, is still half what I paid 7 years ago. Huge value in my mind.

Keeping 15 yr. old car ?
By 1924

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went to my Mopar dealer & told him I wanted a "Throw away car" I could abuse for 5 years hauling a 500 lb. show display & inventory. So, I ordered a brand new black, base PT Cruiser w/ all wheel disc. brakes (safety), radio upgrade, 4 speed and cruise control (no turbo). I've hauled most everything: show display, bricks, '38 car fenders, most all yard stuff, etc. Problem: I still really like it .- 1st Added fog/driving lights & que ball shifter knob (4 spd.) . Then, 16" Motige Mags & Cooper GT tires (handling greatly improved). Next, replaced all seats w/ PT Ltd. leather . Finished w/ Borla stainless catback exhaust. . I've replaced: brakes, shift cable, shocks & struts, drive shafts & headlights = still runs great . As '16 Scatpack Chgr., '08 Chy. Retractable, &'05 Gd. Cher. Jeep driven most, PT should last & hope top give to a grandson (now 14) .

No More Blues!

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Well, it's finally fixed. I have a convertible again! You'll recall from my last review that I was still waiting for the parts from Chrysler which may/ or not come in December. I decided to search the web again for rebuilt parts. I finally found a company in Oregon that rebuilds the cylinders better than new. Better yet, they have an exchange policy that allows you to get the new parts up front and return the old ones for a credit. The Chrysler service team actually had to call them to find out how to install them, as they only know how to replace the complete unit (which you can't get)! I must say they were very helpful and I'm sure they never want to see me again. That's all for now!

More Blues from Chrysler

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Well folks, I'm still waiting for the convertible top motor. I had to pay $762.00 back in June before they would order the part and they still can't say when it will come in. It's missed two due dates and now they're saying December, maybe. They can't give me an explanation, either. Other than that the car has been running fine, though I only drive 10 miles a day to and from work.
That's all for now.

Still Got the PT Cruiser Blues

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Hi, it's me again. I've already told you about the AC going out and the top not going up or down. Now, after I picked it up from the mechanic the last time it started making a thumping noise in the front right. I thought it was something the mechanic had done, but no, it was the right front motor mount! Now, Chrysler recommends you PULL the engine to replace the mount, but my man said he didn't have to do that. Only cost $700 this time. And by the way, he said, there were only 2 out of 4 bolts holding the mount on and that's why it broke! Also only 2 out 4 bolts on the power steering pump at only 27K miles! To be continued...