Used 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific PT Cruiser model:

Love my PT!!!!
By Steph1163

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2006 with only 2800 miles on it! I got very lucky. I have always had great luck with the car. The only problem I have had is that the light cover for the windows roll up fell out. My PT has been the most reliable car I have owned!!!

Heated seats, Large cargo area, fold down front seat, Styling and reliability.

Gas mileage, performance (have to turn off the air conditioner to accelerate on to the freeway).

Nice Car!
By Keith

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, solidly built, and fun to drive. Seating/cargo configurations adaptable for many needs. Very dependable. I had to replace headlight stalk switch, but other than that, just normal wear items. Over 60,000 on original tires. Less road noise than most all other small cars. Handles very well. I've been generally satisfied with this car.

Styling, nice convenience package, and functionality.

Better gas mileage expected for this sized car. I get 18-26.5 mpg, usually around 22.5 for most driving. Can haul 4 adults comfortably, but not luggage for 4 for a trip.

I love mine!
By Darlene

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 97,000 miles on my '02 and the only thing I have had go out was the front suspension, but it was covered under my 100,000 mile warranty. Other than oil changes, tires and 1 new battery, I have had no problems and would buy another one.

Fun to drive, looks, reliability.

The design makes it difficult to see behind you when backing or trying to change lanes. (2 backing accidents.

Love it, but way too many problems
By Sharon

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my cruiser for 3 years. It has had a rebuilt transmission at 40,000 mi. fog lamp defect wich caused my battery to die. Electrical fire somewhere (not yet been able to be dectected by mechanic). This cracked the top of dash console as well as various lights work and then don't work inside on pannels. Recall for this yr. on power steering pump. And is currenlty in shop as I speak for severe rotor/berrings/central allignment problems. No such thing as front or back problems they are all connected in the middle. Was told by mechanic that this is only the halfway mark to the repairs for this car....Be careful. I will not be buying another cruiser ever. Trading in really soon.

sunroof, fun drive, nice stero system, and fold down seats

Reliability needs much inprovement. Car has left me in a pickle many times.

Fun
By Edgar Barnes

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun to drive, fun to own car I have ever had. Very dependable with no repairs in 100,000 miles. I have got more compliments on this car than any I ever owned.

Looks!

More power and a little better fuel economy