Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

One of the best I've had
By Kevin

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 26k, now has 105k. Replaced control arm, battery, struts. Needs backrest motor replaced. Great road car, SO comfortable, quiet and smooth. Runs/rides/drives great still. Mileage as advertised. Getting rid of it--with new service vehicle it sits most of the time. Love the sound system, roominess, handling. Better in snow than my wife's '06 outback. It has been the nicest, most dependable car I've had.

Comfort, quiet, sound system, roominess.

Front cowling is very low--scrapes curbs/parking doohickeys. Rear visibility is lacking. Oscillations with rear windows lowered at 50+ mph.

Impressive Looks Poor Engine
By malviv

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has a history of engine oil consumption. I would strongly encourage any prospective buyer to completely research this before making a purchase. A nice car with a bad engine doesn't make for a good investment.

Change the engine to address documented oil consumption

Love it so far
By Love it so far

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica new in 2006 and I love it.I hear all these bad reviews on it and it makes me think that if someone has something to complain about it they will post it and if they don’t then they don’t look to make it public. I love my car and so far I am happy with it. My brake light comes on at some point every time I drive it but I could care less. One of my arms on the rear hatch broke but I replaced it myself for $12. It was easy. It does seem like it’s starting to burn a quart of oil every 3k miles or so but that’s no big deal to me.It’s not normal but I do what I have to do. I use synthetic oil and I also add Lucas oil just in case. Overall I am happy so far.

Lots of room in the back seat

Doesn't matter, They don't make it any more

Another fine Chrysler vehicle
By John S.

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mine has about 56,000 miles, mostly highway usage and has never (never) had any service issues! It looks good, has decent seat comfort, adequate adult performance and good gas mileage (almost EXACTLY what the car is rated for).Still running on original tires with lots of tread left. What is not to like? I have now had 5 Chrysler cars. They have given me better service from the previous GM and Fords I had and also the horrible Saturn Vue I foolishly bought (ugh). I have considered buying a slightly used Mercedes (for the snob appeal), but I just can't abandon Chrysler given the great results I've had.

Folding 3rd seat. Power tail gate. Relatively comfortable seats. Good gas mileage. Great reliability.

Better A/C vents for the front dash. Relocate the high beam light indicator to a higher, more visible spot.

2006 pacifica
By Kemong

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used at repo auction. Very pleased with driving and handling. Lots of room for the family. This car is fat and requires attention getting in and out of parking spaces. No problems after 7K miles of city and highway driving. Only expense so far is oil, tires and alignment. Brakes are next. No engine issues.

Handling. Feels very safe and secure on the road. Comfortable seats and well designed front interior.

Cheap carpet on rear cargo area.