Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Favorite car thus far, but starting to show her age...
By kickkiki

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved this car the moment I first drove it down the road. Actually drove 3 different Pacifica's before deciding on the '06 Touring FWD (at the time I worked at a Chevy dealer and we had 3 used ones on the lot).
We've been driving this car since Feb. '08. Started with 32K & just rolled 97K early this week. We do a lot of traveling & it has always been the favorited reliable car to use. No real major issues. Do have occassional squeak in driver seat from bolster (Chrysler dealer would just adjust it & say it was 'corrected'.Aggravating). Just recently ABS light comes on intermittently and only once actually felt a shutter in braking (as though ABS kicked in) just before lite came on. :-/

Fold-down third row seats to expand to huge cargo area! 2nd row can also fold down and has extention from one seat to other to even further expand the cargo area if needed. Or just fold down the middle seats (and/or flip them up out of the way) and it's almost like a limo (we actually did this for my friend to get her to the wedding ceremony site since she had just a big poofy dress). So comfy. I get offended when someone calls it a van...when I drive a van, I feel like I'm sitting on a box. When driving the Pacifica, I feel like I'm driving a luxury car. :)

Well. Pacificas are no longer in production. Perhaps bring it back with some updated style? With maybe onboard gps option? (Don't recall if the 2007 yet had this.) Oh! And would like to see more guages on the cluster. Was quite a switch from my previous vehicle which had engine temp, oil pressure, rpm, speedometor, gas guage, and etc.

POOR WORKMANSHIP AT IT'S BEST
By lemonsbeware

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am about to trade my '06 Pacifica in. Since I bought it: left front axle broke as I was leaving a parking space, emissions leak x 2, ABS malfunctions, lose power steering after driving in the rain, car shuts off immediately after sharp left turns, replaced struts. Now: front and rear motor bearings must be replaced, entire oil pan needs to be replaced, belt tensioner needs to be replaced, AND THIS DOESNT COVER THE OTHER EXHISTING PROBLEMS.

I am a single mom of two. I do not drive like a lunatic and I use it to run local errands; take me and the kids to and from school and work. This car has cost me so much money it makes me want to cry.

Small storage areas all around car. Third row seat (but very cramped for adults). Lots of cup holders. Individual pop on/pop off reading lights for every seat. Cushy seats. Not terrible with gas mileage (about $70 per week in gas with average use).

Please Chrylser, take some time to care about the safety of those who will most likey use the car...families with children. THIS CAR IS NOT SAFE. Improve reliability and improve workmanship. Also, gloss to exterior paint started peeling one year after I bought it. This car is only 5 years old.

Good car, good investment
By kerryg3

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Pacifica in 2006 with 17,000 miles on it.
5 years later, now with 107,000 miles on it, I have had limited trouble.
The rocker arm went out, but the dealership covered it under the extended warranty.
I have noticed a huge usage in oil, so it's just a matter of checking it more often than normal.
I also had the motor mount replaced which I am being told is common in these cars.
Other than the few minor repairs, the car runs great, is very reliable and fun to drive!

Best Ride I've Ever Owned
By tdsparty

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had our Pacifica for almost 2 years now, and am very happy so far.
Seriously the nicest vehicle I've owned - that includes Toyota Avalon, various Fords, VW Passat...
The interior is very quiet, the sound system is great, the ride is smooth.
Car feels so solid - it has a big wheelbase, very sure footed.
Engine isn't the perkiest, but doesn't labor and has acceleration when needed.
Only service needed so far was to replace ABS sensor (ABS light was on).

Back row of seats very easy to put up and lay down. 2nd row also very easy, with clever design. We have the Limited which has integrated navigation - nice feature - , and digital heating and cooling which is very quiet and works quickly in a hot or cold car. Favorite thing about the car is the quiet, smooth ride. Have read negative things about this, and wanted to share the opposite.

I wish the SIRIUS radio displayed artist and song...Car is big and wide, need to be careful parking, with a fairly large blindspot when backing up. I wish the automatic tire pressure sensor would tell which tire is low (I'm being picky now)...

I'm enjoying the ride so far!
By John Kennedy

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this FWD Basic Model for just a couple of months and have enjoyed a really nice ride so far. Our other car is a 2007 RX350 and while this vehicle does have the same features and comfort, it's pretty close and and has more room inside. I enjoy driving it. My first tank of gas gave me 17.9 miles per gallon. As good as our other car that is 500 lbs lighter with a 3.5 L engine.

Roomy 2 row seating. Large cargo area. Sits at a great level for easy entry and exit. The stereo sounds excellent and with the 6 CD changer, I have plenty of music options. Also like having the manual slap stick shifting option for a little more power when I need it for uphill freeway driving

They don't make it anymore, but I would have liked the 5 speed transmission.