Used 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Car cuts off
By dave3cb1

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car have had no problems with it. Past 3-4 months the car has been cutting off at intersections after getting ready to takeoff after stops. Does anybody know what the problem could be. Thanks

So Far So GREAT
By jetfan2012

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Pacifica (base model) in May of 2012. The price was right and since I don't have a long commute, there was no need for all the extras (I drive about 3 minutes to the commuter parking lot). On the weekends, when running errands it is great. I usually have my daughter and my neice in the back and after about 30 minutes, they fall asleep. The ride is so smooth and comfortable and spacious, anyone who rides in the backseat falls asleep. The truck space? SO MUCH ROOM!

The SPACE and the smoothness of the ride. I like the dvd outlets, and the cupholders in the back.

The A/C could have been better. It is a used car, so maybe I need to have it checked.

Repair
By jean46

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the gear box at a cost of 375.00 and the dealer says that this model is well known for the same problem.
But no re-call has been offered by Chrysler.
The gear will not come out of park once a spring has broken.
Come on Chrysler,,,a spring??? for the price you charge for your products one would think you could well afford a better part.

First salesman's car for me that is not a van!
By paulsnj

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up this car after much soul-searching to replace my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan that I owned for 135K of its 183K miles driven.
This car had some interesting options for a base model: Heated leather seats and a CD changer (I am 43 and still do not own an I-pod).
Also only 48K miles but I will be racking them up pretty fast.
Very solid heavy vehicle with the 3.5 V6. Would have liked the 3.8 as in my van, but was not available in 2006.
Not the fastest off the line, my van was a bit quicker, but great highway cruiser.
No third row in the base, but five people in it over the weekend had no issues.
If you don't want a van and can put up with slightly smaller size it's worth a look.

The ride is firm and handling is nice and tight. The Mercedes touch is evident everywhere with the seat controls, look and feel of the leather seats and rock-solid build quality. Autostick tranny (only a four-speed though) Good space in hatch, definitely a little more of it in the two-row vs. three row version of the car. Very reasonable price on used car market. This was over $6K less than a smaller Honda CR-V with more miles and no leather. However, the Honda is a phenomenal small SUV.

Power is a downgrade from the 3.8 V6 IMHO that I had in my '05 Grand Caravan (4 -spd) and still have in my wife's '09 GC (6-spd). Jury still out on gas mileage but pushing the pedal all the time will probably make it suffer. No wonder why the 3.8 came back for 2007 Pacificas and then the 4.0 appeared as an option.

Solid, low cost Mommy-Mobile.
By nettech

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our 2006 Pacifica for a year now, and it has been a blessing for us as new parents.
The amount of things one needs to carry around for a baby is staggering, and our old Corolla wasn't cutting it.
Its comfortable, feels very smooth and solid while driving, and holds quite a bit of stuff, making it perfect for weekend shopping trips.
Only real downside so far has been the fuel economy (about 16-18 mpg on average, quite a contrast to a Corolla), but we knew that going in.
We purchased it in 2010 from a wholesaler for $10,900, which was a significant discount from its $28,000 sticker price.
If it continues to run for the next 4-5 years without any major repairs, we'll be happy.

Smooth and comfortable ride, ample interior, rear legseat room is very good.

"Leather" interior is second rate pleather. Fuel economy is pretty bad. Transmission is a little noisy moving into gear, but never a problem while driving.