Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 319 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Chrysler Ignores Customers and Known Problems
By time4sax

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chrysler has ignored every issue from AC to brakes to accelerator sticking to loud clunking noises to car stalling and on and on.
All issues are known to Chrysler and they refuse to fix them until someone is injured are dies.
And they wonder why Americans don't buy US vehicles, poor quality vehicles.

We bought this vehicle because of the quality of the interior. We should have checked under the hood as well.

Chrysler should do a recall on known issues instead of allowing the few customers they have to get upset and buy from other car dealers.

Way too many problems-time to recall!!
By kelly021480

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Within 3 months of buying our 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring we started having problems. First the rear brake sensors went out. This caused the cars brake pedal to grind when pushed, and sometimes, not stopping like it should. those were replaced at $200 each. Two weeks later, front sensors went out. Car has stalled 2 times while making a sharp left hand turn. Currently, front sway bar is bad, and causing a loud roaring sound while driving. I am not the only one having these problems, I've read HUNDREDS of reviews with the same problems. When is Chrylser going to do something about this??
What a waste of money buying this car!

Lots of room inside. Like the 3rd row seating options and console between middle row seating.

Recall wheel sensors!!!! At $200 each, this is about to break our bank, especially when they keep going out and making the car unsafe to even drive!

Our Family Truckster
By abartel

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Based on the looks compared to mini-van and suv options, my wife chose a red Pacifica Touring with 3.5L engine for our family car purchase in Spring 2005.
We have owned the vehicle since new (now has 76000 mi), experiencing a few problems including 1) tie rod end replacement, 2) motor mounts twice, 3) blower motor (under warranty), 4) egr valve cleanout at 70,000 (relatively normal for many cars).
Can't say I'm happy about making ANY repairs on a vehicle this new ... but in retrospect ... total repair over 6 years ownership is less than $2500.
Yes, I too have experience the oil consumption issue.
Using Shell Rotella-T 5W40 oil (1 qt consumed/3000 is ok for me).

Seating is really comfortable for 4 passengers. Extra 2 seats in back row, work out well for moving kids and friends around. Nice stable ride and feels really safe (not easy to roll over).

Motor mounts are under designed. Oil consumption is technically not a flaw, but most are not accustomed to adding between changes creating potential for engine damage.

Lemon
By nike

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this veh aug 2010 I've had it 3 month just made 3rd payment and it has been the shop now 4 going on 5 time for same noise they've fixed everything but that noise I really like the car drives nice but this is getting ridiculous that they can't find that noise and fix it I know now I will never buy another one

A well built vehicle
By Don

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only spent $400 on this vehicle in over 5 years of ownership. Timely oil changes and inspections have proven to be the key to good performance. I have the original tires on the vehicle at 72,000 miles. I plan on keeping the vehicle until I can get about 200,000 miles out of it. I can't figure out why Chrysler stopped making this vehicle because I continue to see a number of them on the road.