Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 319 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Replaced the Explorer/Use E.C. Rated Oil
By Matt V

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had WET battery replaced by the dealer five days after purchase with a "maintenance free" GEL battery by Chrysler. Every other component has worked as promised. Very pleased with this car. At 5,000 miles I Changed the oil to synthetic 10-30 Castrol SYNTEC Energy Conserving and have improved mileage from 15.5 to 17 for basic town trips. 22-23MPG depending on 65-70mph trips. Anything above 70mph will drop it down to 19-20mpg. Hauling 2,000lbs brings the mileage down to 15MPG. So far, this has outperformed the 97' "Full Time" 4x4 Eddie Bauer Explorer we had. It received 17MPG average with 18 max on the highway. Insurance is HALF! It handles better and does not wobble over a curb.

The AWD hugs the road and the tires feel gripped to the pavement. Quiet, comfortable and drives more like a station wagon than an suv or minivan. Very, very stable!

An optional "clearance" choice, for lowering the vehicle back to 5.9" and the ability to automatically raise it up to 7" without compromising stability. A five speed transmission would be helpful for mileage, if not a CVT style transmission.

I love my car!!!
By MotherOf3

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. My last two vehicles were vans (much to my 16 year olds dismay), and this gives van interior with a cool looking exterior. My teen is not ashamed to be seen driving this one! The interior feels so luxurious. We've only had it for a month and can't wait to take a long trip in it. It handles like a dream and I love all the safety features. Radio/CD/DVD/Volume control on the steering wheel makes it easier to change stations without taking eyes off the road (VERY important when a 16 year old drives). Wish there was more storage space when third row is up, but we are a family of five, so can leave one seat down. Gas Mileage is poor, but a safe and comfortable ride. LOVE IT!

Navigation system is awesome! Safety features (on steering wheel), window locks (my 4 year old LOVES to play with the windows), Miles to Empty feature, DVD player (excellant picture/sound), seat control (I'm very short, my husband is tall), Looks sporty, cupholder for every seat!

bigger glove compartment, better gas mileage, more storage space, hard to see when backing up (blind spots too large).

Great Vehicle
By T Grabill

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room. Love extra seats in back or fold for extra storage. Handles very well in curves. Accelerates quickly & smoothly. Adheres to slick roads like the car & road were one. One of best cars I've owned!

Seat warmers, AWD (we live in a cold winter area) Covered cup holders.

Mat for the rear storage area when the back 2 seats are folded down. We had to custom create one for our car.

Awesome vehicle
By barbara

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have wanted one of these since they first came out. I finally got one and it is the best!!!!!!! A sleek look with all the room of my old town & country van. I couldn't be happier

Sleek look, chrome wheels, auto lift gate

Free carwashes for a year with purchase

Great Ride
By Coolness4me

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the Pacifica for only 2 or 3 weeks, but from what I can tell there are only 2 slightly bad things about this car/SUV/mini van. I'll cut to the chase and not take up much of your time, the glove box is a little on the small side and I'm only getting about 20 mpg. Which actually isn't that bad on a big vehicle with most of the miles being driven in the city. However with the price of gas creeping up on minimum wage, this isn't the car for someone making minimum wage. The interior of this vehicle reminds me of a mercedes benz or a lexus, not the substandard interiors of the other american brand cars I have owned.

Dual climate control for the front, AC for the 2nd & 3rd rows, 4 power outlets, 5 star front & side ratings, silent steel exterior

bigger glove box, better fuel economy