Used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews - 319 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

A GREAT vehicle
By SweetWin7

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The AWD Pacifica is the best vehicle. I notice that it is missing from many reviews, and frankly I think that the reviewers are missing the mark on this one. This car is comfortable, is solid and responsive on the road and with the side curtain airbags in all three rows has the competition beat hands down for safety. When it comes to 5 star ratings, all ratings are basically in comparison to other vehicles in the same weight class. The physics of momentum and energy exchange, tell us that the heavier your vehicle is, the better it will fare on impact. Side & head air bags for all passengers is a necessary option for any vehicle. There is NO gov't rollover warning on the visors of this car!

power tailgate, back-up parking assist,side airbags 3rows,6cd changer,sirius radio, power pedal adjustment,power heated leather seats, heated side mirrors,michellin tires,chrome wheels,power moonroof,sport shift transmission,

More storage space is needed. Glove box is too small, and rear-view visability should be better. Better sound proofing too.

Diamond in the rough
By Bob Baxter

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Limited AWD 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I researched all of the similar vehicles on the market, regardless of price, and decided that the Pacifica was the best value for us. With all the amenities that it has, it feels like a luxury vehicle. I drive a Corvette in the summer, my wife drives an MR2 Spyder - we both love the way the Pacifica handles. Now, if it can just pull our boat this summer, we will call it a winner all year long.

My favorite feature is the luxurious look of the interior and a more than adequate sound system. The DVD player and the navigation system are also great features but not sure if they are worth the price that they add.

Better fuel economy. Easier access to the rear seat.

A really nice car
By JimD

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned lots of cars. My wife says this is the nicest car we have ever had. Traded in a Mountaineer because the ride was harsh, loud, and wobbly. This Pacifica feels glued down, it is so stable, and what a great ride, and so quiet. Lots of room, and a luxury feel to everything. So far, we are really happy with the car. Mileage on the highway is about 22-can't complain.

The ride, the quiet of the cabin, and our Sirrius radio.

An auto dimming mirror should be standard on the Touring. Also leather arm rests instead of plastic. Should also have 2 memory seat positions on the Touring.

My Pacifica
By Bob Brooks

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

To this point , 10,000 miles, I have had little or no problems with the vehicle. This is our 4th Chrysler and the only rap is with the gas mileage. I think the Chrysler engineers could have improved the mileage by changing the gear ratios as I have noticed the rpms are higher in the Pacifica than in my 96 and 01 sedans. Other than that, I think it's one of the sharpest SUV designs around.

The sure footed feel of driving the vehicle. It gives one a feeling of superiority.

Gas mileage could be improved. Even 10- 15% would be very helpful. Backup lights are poor. Give off little or no light behind vehicle.

2005 Pacifica
By Robyn

2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Fwd 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is extremely nice and comfortable. The design was well thought out. It drives like a car and not so much like a minivan. It is very sporty looking and was a nice transition for me from a minivan (where I felt a little frumpy driving it).

I love the DVD system and the Navigation system. The power lift gate is great. I also love having the controls to the DVD and CD player on the steering wheel.

I think it should have a telescopic steering wheel. The space behind the third row seat is very tight when the seat is up..really not sure how this could be changed without making it more van-like. Extremely hard to use 3rd row seats if car seats occupy 2nd row.