Used 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Concorde

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:

Chrysler Concorde from hell!
By JJG

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this (certified) 2.7 LIT, 2000 Chrysler Concorde w/67,000 miles, in February of 2004. After 2 months front hub assy failed. 2 months after that vibrating engine and oil lite stayed on. Renewed Engine put in. 2 Wks later speed sensors need to be replaced. After 1 year and 3 months renewed engine went out again. This car is just setting up with a car note/full insurance still on it and being paid!

Color, enjoyed it for the one year it did run. Mostly just brought oil changes and wiper blades and Gas.

Chrysler needs to Rectified the problem and repay people that they are stealing from, because of this poor quality vehicle. They made the mistake and we made the mistake of buying it. But, if we only knew before hand.

A Really Good Car !
By A Really Good Car

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

To support our retirement's fixed income in May 2004 we paid cash and our 93 Jeep Cherokee for a dark-red Concorde LXi (tan interior) with 49000 miles. It was a great choice. With its peppy 3.2L V6 it's a good looker and (even for me at 72) fun to drive. It's now 9 yrs old with 72000+ miles and hasn't given us any problems whatsoever. When we bought it we chose to replace it's battery and tires, tinted it's windows and have changed it's oil every 3000 miles - nothing more - and today it still drives like a new car with reliability and very good fuel economy! The sole criticism is a higher level of road noise than it should have on an interstate. Other than that it's a really good car.

Peppy 3.2 engine. Handles well on back rods as well as the high speed interstates. Plenty of room for five adults and a very good size trunk. It's exterior and interior are still sharp and show very little wear - and it's still a great looking car.

A good heavy coat of (New England style) undercoating would quiet down the road noise level quite a bit.

The major engine problem ruins
By Legalmanager

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new from dealer and had 66,000 miles on it with a near perfect maintenance record, then this past week, the check engine light came on. I was told by the dealer I would need a rebuild engine at a cost of almost $8,000. I have since learned at various web sites, this is a common problem due to the infamous 2.7 liter engine and excessive oil sludge. A second, independent repair shop indicated this is a long known problem. After buying four brand new Chrysler cars over the past 20 years, I'm extremely disappointed with how they are taking care of (now-former) long term customers.

The relatively smooth ride, comfort of seats, amount of interior room and truck space.

Higher quality weather stripping, had to be replaced twice, standing good on a major engine problem reported by multiple customers. Maybe the engine problems have to do with discontinuing the model.

Proud owner
By adam

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. It runs great and shifts smooth. Trunk space is unbelievable, And my passengers are just as comfortable as I am. It looks great too.

The over head trip calculator, I never again have to break out my hand held calculator after each fill up.

2000 Chrysler Concorde
By Unhappy

2000 Chrysler Concorde LX 4dr Sedan

We received this car from an estate. It was very well taken care of with only 62,000 miles. The car drives and handles great. Interior and trunk space are more than adequate. We've had to deal with some minor weather stripping problems. Then two months ago, the infamous 2.7 liter engine blew because of excessive oil sludge and timing chain problems. Chrysler has hired a company to deal with the engine problem claims. Their compensation is insulting and inadequate. Do not, under any circumstances, buy Chrysler products. I'm very disappointed with how they are taking care of their customers.

New engine design and better customer service.