Used 2007 Chrysler Aspen Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler Aspen

View reviews for a specific Aspen model:

2007 Bought in 2008
By Shane_WI

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Certainly fun to drive with an excellent ride. Feels like a heavier vehicle with tremendous power (Hemi). 18 inch wheels offer nice handling and smooth ride. Lots of compliments on looks. Installed satellite (Sirius) at dealer. $700 compared to $185 from factory; so get it from factory if can. At 6' 3", the door entry is small and seat is not wide for large behind. UConnect is awesome. Rear storage is small with 3rd row up. The lack of dual zone (driver/passenger) climate control is strange for vehicle that lists for $42,500; same comment for satellite. Interior is attractive, but leather is stiff. The small glove box on dash is annoying; center console is deep but awkward to access.

UConnect is simple to use and works right out of the chute. Excellent power. Great looks. Nice trim. Navigation system works good.

Better fuel economy. Wider driver seats. More storage. Better fuel economy. Satellite, dual climate and remote start should be standard for Aspen.

Great family buy!
By skii

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This started out as a vehicle for the wife and kids, but I find myself behind the wheel more & more. Great look, feel, and handling for the price! Even the base model demands respect!

The chrome accents give the Aspen a most upscale look

Who doesn't want better gas mileage?

After one year its still a lot of fun
By Lorne

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow, I am still having fun driving this beast after one year. I own a 5.7 hemi limited all equipped except for the NAV. I believed that all reviews are pretty accurate. However, I will comment on Canadian winter driving with lot of snows, freezing rains, icy conditions the driving is OK with the 20' tires but would strongly recommend winter tires but hard to find. This is my 1st year with winter tires and nothing can stop me. The 4 wheel drives is extremely precise and can not feel anything when all wheels are slipping. My wife, kids and I feel extremely safe in the vehicle.

Style, interior design, seats, engine powers, roomness.

Mileage consumption, rear cargo cover,

Better than most thought
By Lee

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

To set the record straight, I own a 5.7 HEMI Limited. I've driven most all the SUV's in its class and this one feels the lightest due to its power. The fit-and-finish comments I am reading just aren't true; the Chrysler interioir is on par with what you will find on the market. The fold-up second row seats are the easiest to use for my small wife.....use one hand and 2 clicks. My Jeep Commander, in contrast, is much harder. Styling is hit or miss but everyone looks at it and asks us about it because they have never seen one before and they all comment on how pretty it is. Bottomline is that it hauls, hauls all 4 of my daughters, wife loves the bells/whistles.....great buy!

I love the HEMI most and I think the wife loves the ease of use of the second row pop-up seats and the hands free back door opener. My 7 year old, 45 pound daughter can pop the seat up and climb in the rear on her own.

I'd like to see a darker interior offered. A black interior w/ med. grey inserts. I also would have liked to have HID options.

Sweet
By jason

2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I just bought the Aspen. This thing rocks. We got the HEMI, DVD, NAV, leather heated seats and so on. We bought this as a lease return and noticed the fuel is a little poor, but it is a big suv with lots of power. Everyone who has seen it has loved the interior and the exterior as well. Mention it has a HEMI and they say wow. The gas mileage is about 16 mpg in rush hour traffic, not to bad.

Leather heated seats, Nav, DVD (for the kids) 3rd row seats, plenty of power and lots of towing capability 8900lbs. Saturn only pulls 4500lbs. my jeep liberty tows more than that. pretty sad for saturn to be in the big SUV catagory towing that little.

Get better gas mileage. Put in HID head lights and fog lights. Put bigger mirrors that fold out for towing, like the dodge ram trucks.