Used 2002 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chrysler 300M

View reviews for a specific 300M model:

Bought used and completely original
By pitmanoeuvre

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a welcome change to buy a used car that doesn't start doing odd things or need more immediate attention mechanically.

I bought my 2002 300m Special with 237,000km's on it , while the brakes , battery and exhaust were all original.
I only needed to replace the brake pads.
This speaks volumes to me in terms of value and reliability , not really seen on other used cars.
While the transmission shifts ultra smooth and works as new , just like the previous owner claimed (as he said that the tranny never had any problems , just a fluid and filter change).
The battery is a shock , being an Interstate Mega TronII , just like other ones at scrap yard that also had original batteries in.

Service is not seasonally required and the ground effects have done a super job keeping the running/rocker panels free of rust , even behind them. 2 windshield washer sprayers that provide a 6-stream cleanup of the windshield is a good feature. The auto return power driver's seat makes it so that when you take the key out , your seat moves back , so you can exit the vehicle easier. The driver's seat also moves back when you use your keyless entry to enter the vehicle , making it easier to enter the vehicle. Steering is great with a full set of chrome 17" wheels , and a full set of 17" BF Goodrich TA's.

It's been great for me
By PaulR

2002 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new and currently have 65K trouble-free miles. I've done regular maintenance and had to replace the battery at the 5 year mark. Tires & brakes are original and in good shape. The car is quiet and performs fine. I've driven it from NY to Fla, SC, MO without any issues. It's everything I could ask for and hope to have it around fro a long time to come.

Not too shabby
By honestascanbe

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with high miles so my expectations weren't the greatest. The first few problems i ran into would have been minor had I owned any other domestic car. I don't understand why parts are so much and mechanics cringed at the thought of working on it. The tranny went out and drained my bank account but I have the previous owner to thank for that. I seem to continue to have issues with the power mirrors going haywire but otherwise no electrical problems. All told, I like the looks and feel of the car and if the new tranny takes it over 200,000 miles I'll be satisfied with my investment. Provided nothing else major goes wrong.

overall comfort. All the amenities at a low cost when purchased used

Stability of the company making them.

When it starts to break run away!
By Zengo

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got the car with 45,000 km paid probably more than it should have, I traded my sebring for the 300M. First year no major problems, than it started. The front suspension started braking. I had to replace many times over the front end such as: Stabilizer bars, link-bars (upper-lower) bars, brakes etc. Parts were expensive like Mercedes or some foreign car (no wonder they are going-under). Too many electrical issues lights flashing, engine light. The sad part is, I actually liked the car and did regular maintenance. Stay away when it starts showing problems Sell fast! I had too many problems (spent over $10000.00 in repairs since 2005).

Power, Style, Room.

Yes take care of your customers Chrysler. One major improvement will be match the suspension and the quality/durability of the replacement parts to the car. Too bad I liked the car. But will not drive Chrysler even if it's on special two-for-one, ever again.

loved 1 bought 2
By super special

2002 Chrysler 300M Special 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've loved the car since day 1 first I bought a 2004 300m special in 05. Loved so much went looking for another now I own a Grey 2002 special I've had no Major problems w the 2004 had the tranny replaced on the 2002 under warranty from dealer when u buy used always a? about previous owner I love the cars and they look good

power ,comfort and style