Used 1999 Chrysler 300M Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler 300M

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (104 reviews )

I Hate my Car
By mrswoods0331

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I've wanted a 300m since the 10th grade and finally purchased one. The day after buying my car it began to stall coming off the interstate. Had to have it towed to the dealer had to have a water pump and starter put on. Within weeks, My steering wheel had to be turned about a 90 deg angle to go straight. Had to replace tie rods and wheel bearings. Long to short, my car has been in the shop 8 times in 16 mo. I had problems with AC buttons going out at random, two broken window motors, crank sensor, and transmission. Just yesterday I have noticed the sound of air coming from under my hood when accelerating. It sounds like brakes would if they needed to be bled. I hate my Chrysler with a passion.

I love the appearance of the whole car.

Everything

Oil pan blues
By inkfixx

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

I loved my car but every day that I go with out a new oil pan, cause Chrysler can't seem to make any cause I'm number 500 plus people looking for one. So what do I do just drive around with a leaking oil pan plug, get oil all over my nice car, and then someday it leave me on the side of the road cause I can't get a flipping oil pan come on Chrysler give me a break I work hard for a living I don't need this worry on back of my mind when I'm going on a road trip. See I use this car for my weekends and road trips it parked during the week. Every time I have the dealer change my oil I worry down the road... I have the oil pan blues

i love the inside and outside of the car

need a few oil pans on the shelf

Really a great car
By k2211

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

Chrysler did a good job when making this vehicle. No problems at all. Really good snow traction. very comfortable to ride in, and it drives smaller than it is. Huge back seat. Fuel consumption is about average for a V6. Interior design is great. Build quality is good, not great. But that's light years ahead of any Ford or GM product of the time could say. The materials used for interior construction is realy good in some parts, barly okay in others, but they are in spots you usually don't touch. I think most people who purchase this vehicle will be very pleased. It deserves its "car of the year" award for 1999.

Good looking interior. Good reliability. Comfortable, yet decent handling for the size.

Real wood trim.(The stuff in it is fine but plastic never did it for me). More aggressive engine.

Best car of the chryslers
By james & carrie

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

The 300M is the best car we've driven. Other than having to replace the radiator and replacing a bolt, we've had no other problems. It rides very smooth. I would recommend the 300M to all my friends and family

Smooth ride, ample room, and nice sized trunk

Still Own and Drive It
By Russel Fischer

1999 Chrysler 300M 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle new in early 1999 and still own and drive it daily because it totally serves our needs. The 300M has been very reliable, still has solid looks and is very comfotable, economical but sporty.

Looks, comfort, operation, fuel economy, trunk capacity

Only grip is that the cruise control is not illuminated and thus a tad difficult to operate at night